twenty-nine. picnic

"go to the tree:)" lily picked up her phone to find a text from peter

"you're being a little suspicious" lily replied.

"just do it pleaseee" he quickly texted back.

"okay okay" she agreed.

she got her shoes on and coat, then headed out. both her mom and dad were working but they wanted her to be safe so she had happy take her.

once they got to the park lily opened the door and got out.

"i'm just gonna go get the letter," she told happy before closing the door and heading towards the tree. but happy got a text saying she was going to be safe and that he shouldn't worry, so happy drove away after a minute.

lily reached the tree to see a blanket laid out, with a meat, cheese, and fruit charcuterie board. (a/n: if any of you are vegan or vegetarian then they could just be eating fruit if it makes you uncomfortable)

but none of that concerned lily, she just looked at the boy sitting on the blanket. peter.

"you did this?" lily smiled, and his eyes slowed.

"yeah... is it to much?" he asked. she shook her head no and sat down.

"no i love it, how did you know i've wanted to do this for so long?" lily asked.

".. because uh i have my ways," he smiled innocently.

"haha okay sure," she smiled looking down to grab a chocolate covered strawberry. "oh my gosh this is so good,"

"you like it?" he asked.

"yes of course! did you do this all yourself?" she asked and he nodded. "no way, like you covered the strawberries and set up this whole board and didn't just buy one from the store?"

"nope i made sure this was all homemade," he pointed at the food. he grabbed a cracker and cheese and put it in his mouth.

they both looked over at the horizon to see the sun almost setting.

"it's so pretty," she smiled.

"yeah i know you are," he laughed, and lily immediately turned her head.

"that was so smooth woah," lily laughed at his pink cheeks.

"you really do look pretty today... well everyday at that matter," he complimented her.

"thank you. and you always look cute because i tell you all the time. but you look very handsome today," she complimented back.

they continued to eat the food and watch the sun go down.

"now for part two," he smiled at her.

"part two?!" lily gasped at the words.

"yup," he answered and put the board and blanket in a basket.

he grabbed two chairs from the side of the willow tree and sat them down. then he pulled the blanket they both just used to sit on at a sheet and put it on top of a line. he then turned on fairy lights that hung around the clothes line.

"wait what?" lily asked confused.

peter walked behind her to a small projector thing and played a movie... beauty and the beast.

"stop," she smiled so wide her face started to hurt. "you did this all for me?"

"of course i did, i really like you lily," he answered.

"i really like you too," she leaned in and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

they both turned to the sheet and watched the movie.

(a/n: perfect date right here tbh take notes akdjdj)

about an hour and a half later the movie ended and it was time to go home.

they both packed up and peter walked lily to the tower.

on the way though, she pointed at some of the shops saying how she would love to buy those clothes or that book. "see i really like this store, every time i walk in... it always makes me so happy, like i feel like i'm home, you know?" she asked looking in peters eyes.

"yeah.. i know what you mean," he answered, he felt that way when he was around lily.

they finally made it to the tower and lily turned to peter, "here's my stop," she frowned. "but thank you for tonight.. it was perfect," she finished giving him a passionate kiss.

it was like everything stopped for them. she felt so warm inside, when she kissed him, like she felt so alive and young. he made her so happy and so at home... she hoped to live the rest of her life with him, and love him forever. after a few seconds they pulled apart and pressed their foreheads together.

"goodnight peter," she hugged him.

"goodnight lily," he hugged back and they both let go. he waved goodbye while she walked away into the tower.

kk speaks!
i meant to publish this earlier, but my brain said: no roblox published later

published: 2-28-21
edited:
word count: 806