fourteen. missing

it was 11 am, lily had opened the presents that her mom and dad got her

it was 11 am, lily had opened the presents that her mom and dad got her. she got two hoodies, and three books. that's all she asked for this year. she ate breakfast and watched a good christmas movie before going on her way to the park.

"i'll be back!! i'm just gonna drop off this letter!" lily yelled putting her shoes on.

"it's been awhile since she's down that.. glad to see they're getting along again," pepper said to tony smiling.

"okay don't be too late! i know you have to come back and be ready before three," tony winked and lily rolled her eyes.

"i won't, it'll only take a few minutes," lily said grabbing her coat and walking out the door.

it was supposed to snow yesterday but sadly it didn't. but lily was kinda glad it didn't because then it would be freezing to meet up later.

it was about a 10 minute walk to the park, she honestly missed taking that route everyday. she spotted the tree and smiled, the quickly ran over to it and placed the letter on the branch.

"there, hopefully he hasn't come yet," she whispered to herself.

she turned around and started to walk back. once she got to the park where the sidewalk of the city and the park connected she was dragged by the arm down an alley way.

she tried to kicked and scream but it was no use, they were just muffled by his hand. "don't. if you use your powers you'll never be able to see your mom and dad again," he whispered into her ear and she stopped struggling, tears starting to form in her eyes.

they started to walk a little ways when she noticed that she had been handcuffed.

he had brought her down to the end of the alleyway and shoved her into a car, putting a bag over her head.

it was about a 15 minute drive, but she didn't know because she wasnt paying attention to the time.

she tried to use her powers every few minutes but something was blocking her mind from using them. every time she tried she kept feeling weak.

the car finally slowed to a stop and she was pulled back out onto a grass pathway.

once they got inside, they led her down several hallways it felt like. they must've gotten to their destination because they pull of the bag and pushed her inside.

she quickly turned around trying to fight back but her hands were still in the handcuffs and her powers weren't working.

"like it? the handcuffs are stopping your powers, and this cell? it's made so it can block you brain from setting off any trigger to get your powers to work for you. so basically you're useless," the man laughed. he incurred her but closed the door before she could get ahold of him.

the room contained a chair, a flat mattress, and a toilet in the corner. it was very dark and dirty, a few bugs here and there.

lily stalked over to the mattress and plopped down, her back against the wall. she pulled her legs to her chest and started to cry.

"why today.. why me," she cried into her hands. she sat there for a good hour before passing out of exhaustion.

peter had arrived at the tree and been waiting for 30 minutes, he text and called her phone many times. 'she blew me off...' he thought with a broken heart.

then his phone started to buzz "LILY??" he answered.

"no, peter, you need to come to the tower immediately, lily's missing!" tony spoke from the other line.

"okay i'm on my way," he hung up and ran to the tower.

kk speaks!
sorry y'all😅

published: 2-13-21 (stream you & me by jillian shea)
edited:
word count: 645