five. powers?

lily walked to the park that evening to see if spiderman had replied to her letter

she saw a piece of white paper poking out of the tree branch and she jumped to grab it. she was eager to open it so she tore open the envelope and took out the letter.

dear... hmm idk,

    you're name could be anything really, rose, um lily, uh tulip, or maybe lilac (a/n:🥺). i'm just gonna guess on um rose? wait no. i mean yeah that is a popular name too. i have no idea haha.

     also how was school? high schools not very fun, coming from experience. but you'll get through it if you have the right friends and if you study hard enough. but you're probably smart so you'll do just fine.

    a clue for me.. hmm well. my favorite subject in school is probably science, so there's that. idk if that's really a clue but there's something about myself.

     i hope you're having a great day!

yours truly,
~spiderman

lily noticed how they wrote is and not was when they were talking about the school subject. is... hmm so they must still be in school.

lily brought paper and a pencil with her so she quickly wrote her response.

dear spiderman,

      okay okay, my name is lily. i know basic right? but um yeah also science is okay. my favorite subject has to be history. it's so cool and like idk i would love to travel back in time to see some of that in person.

   my favorite color has to be.. wow i don't even know haha. probably mint green. it just says so much.. it means nature, growth, and riches. which is normally what humans grow off of. so i feel like green is a big part of society.

   i guess this letter was all about me huh haha. but i hope to hear from you soon! have a great day!

yours truly,
    ~ lily

lily put the letter in the envelope and stuck it in the branch.

once lily stepped foot in the penthouse she started to get dizzy.

"hey lily! how are you?" tony asked looking up from his tablet.

"dizzy," lily said and fell down.

"woah, hold on," tony jumped up to help her off the floor. "okay i guess it's happening."

"what is?" she asked trying to focus on his face.

"they said that when you were about to turn sixteen you would start to unlock powers, the dizziness is one of the side effects but it should go away soon," tony explained. "the only thing is.. what are your powers? i forgot them."

he picked her up and took her to the elevator to go to his lab.

once he was there he placed her down on a table and looked up her history on his computer.

"lily stark... telekinesis... teleportation.. and mind control," tony read. "damn you're powerful," he laughed.

"yeah i'm just awesome like that, but when is it gonna stop because my head hurts," lily complained.

"soon," tony answered.

an hour or so later lily finally felt better.

"okay try to move this," tony held up a ball. lily focused on the object trying to imagine it going up.. but it didn't move.

"it's not working," lily frowned.

"just focus,"

she kept her eyes on the ball trying to pick it up it just wouldn't budge.

"this is pointless. it's never gonna work," lily yelled in frustration.

"look," tony gasped and the ball was floating in the air.

lily and tony practiced more and more with her powers that night and she seemed to get the hang of them, for now. hopefully she would be able to control them during all situations.

kk speaks
hi:) i'm just gonna post this because i didn't want to be behind but i hope everyone has a good day! <3

published: 2-4-21
edited:
word count: 654