twenty two

tw// mention of panic attack. it doesn't go into too much detail but just in case

I woke up in my bed alone. I don't remember how i got in here. The last think i remember was calling the uber at the restaurant. I must've just blacked out the rest of the night. Owen must've gone home after he brought me up here. I roll over and grab my phone and see that I have a few texts from Tori. I haven't talked to her since the whole thing happened and I assume she's just texting me about work.

messages between Tori Caro and Olivia

Tori Caro
Hey, just thought you should know
I saw Owen with a girl yesterday
I don't know her...

Olivia
excuse me what the fuck

Tori Caro
Maybe it's time to break up with him
I told you from the start it was a bad idea
Sorry but I warned you

Olivia
okay thanks

I am absolutely fuming. Thank god Owen isn't in my bed right now, I'd probably beat his ass. I storm out into the living room and grab my jacket off the hook, ignoring Drew when he calls after me. I take the elevator down to the lobby and push out the doors into the cold Vancouver street. I quickly cross and let myself into Owen's building, putting a fake smile on my face directed at the lady at the front desk who knows me by now and she smiles back before going back to her work. I get into the elevator and head to his floor, blood boiling. I can't believe he would do this to me. Be with another girl? Then meet my brothers the next day? I don't understand. He better have an explanation for this or I will make his life an absolute living hell. The elevator doors ding and I storm out of them turning down the hall that leads me to his apartment. I reach for the handle and luckily it's unlocked. I push the door open and it swings in, letting me into the small apartment.

"OWEN" I shout through the apartment while I walk towards his room. Before I open the door I realize what if his other girlfriend is here? That makes me even madder and I open the door to find him laying in bed, thankfully alone. He jumps up at the sudden noise and lazily looks over at me. "So you wanna tell me who the fuck you're sleeping with? Why I'm not enough for you? What am I not doing Owen? Why aren't I good enough?" my anger quickly turns into sadness and I try to hold back the tears to keep up the mad facade but I struggle when I look into his eyes.

"Liv? What the hell are you talking about? Hey baby it's okay, what's wrong? Don't cry" Then I feel the tears falling down my face. He pulls me into his chest and we sit up on the bed together. I try to fight his grip but he holds me tighter to calm me down.

"Tori...said...cheating...on...me..." My words stumble out of my mouth. He looks very confused but I cant calm myself down. Tears are streaming down my face, I cant catch my breath because of how hard I'm crying.

"Tori? What? I am not cheating on you. You're the only girl for me Olivia. You hear me?" He turns my head so that I'm forced to look at him but I'm still crying. I reach into my pocket to grab my phone and show him the texts from Tori.

"What the fuck? I was never-" He sits back and realization hits him. "Ohhh, no baby let me explain. The girl I was with is someone from high school. I bumped into her the other day and she asked to get coffee. I should've told you, I just didn't think anything of it. I can promise you I am not cheating on you. I would never do that baby" He keeps rambling on about how he wouldn't cheat on me and I believe him but I'm still trying to calm down. I cant get any words out and I feel like i'm having a panic attack. My chest tightens and I feel lightheaded I look around the room to find something to calm me down or something to hold onto to keep my grounded. Owen quickly noticed what is happening and jumps off the bed, kneeling in front of me.

"Hey, hey look at me. Breathe okay? Ready let's do it together" He takes a deep breath and i try to copy it but it takes me a few tries. "Good job okay now tell me something that makes you happy. Here i'll do one. You make me happy, Olivia Meyers you are the best girl i have ever met and you shine a light in my life that I didn't know was missing. Everytime I see you I fall for you even more. You are my brightest star." He holds my hands, squeezing them, causing me to feel his grip.

"I- I get to work with my best friends. My family. You- You make me happiest" I stutter at the beginning but i calm down fast when I start think about the people I love. Owen smiles at me and continues talking me through some things until I completely calm down and then he sits back up on the bed and pulls me into him.

After sitting in silence for a while he speaks up. "So you trust me?" He is hesitant and is very gentle with me. I think before I answer him. Do I believe he is telling the truth? Yes. Am I scared that Tori is really telling the truth and I'm just oblivious? Yes. But do I believe him because I'm falling in love with him? Yes again.

a/n !
ANOTHER SHORT CHAPTER😭 the next few will be updated this week probably like 3/4 chapters because they're all pretty short:))