forty three

"Where's Liv? She needed to be here like 10 minutes ago!" I hear Charlotte yell when I walk into the bridal suite.

"I'm here calm down" I rush into the room where everyone is getting ready and drop the box of gift bags near the door. "I was just checking to make sure everything is going well" As the maid of honour, my job is to make sure everything runs smoothly for the wedding.

It's been smooth sailing up until a few days ago. The wedding was supposed to be on Bainbridge Island but a sudden blizzard closed down the ferries. Drew and I spent an entire day looking for a new venue and we luckily found one that is owned by one of my mom's friends. It's a beautiful greenhouse type-building and we've set up a reception and where the actual ceremony will be, it looks like a jungle and it actually worked out really well. However, since we had to change everything at such late notice, there was so much to do in such little time. This morning, everything was finally in order and ready to go until Austin lost his tie. I've been running around for the past hour trying to find it; I found it shoved in his suitcase which wasn't shocking but we got it pressed and now everything is back on track.

"You aren't even ready" Charlotte spins around as soon as she hears me.

"I've been a little busy Lottie" I hurry to find my dress and when I do, I pull it off the rack and run into the bathroom to get changed.

"Everything is okay right? Is Austin okay?" Charlotte asks through the bathroom door.

"He's fine, Everything is good. Owen is directing everyone around down there" I put him in charge of things while I went to get ready with strong instructions to call me if anything goes wrong.

"Okay now hurry up because we have like 20 minutes" Charlotte says with a giggle and I huff but open the door once I'm changed and throw my clothes in my bag. I walk over to where the rest of the girls are and start on fixing my hair.

"Okay ladies! I'll need you to pair up with your guy and then line up to walk, we go in 2 minutes" Shannon calls out and then walks away to find Charlotte. I look through the group to find Drew, I spot him near the outside, talking to Chase.

"Hey boys" I walk up to them and grab Drew's arm to stabilize myself. The three glasses of champagne might be catching up to me.

"Hey Liv" Chase replies while Drew stays silent, just sending me a little nod. "I should go find Dani" Chase excuses himself and I turn my attention to Drew.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing, let's go" He pulls me lightly towards the line and we stand at the back since we're the last to walk before Charlotte.

"Drew..." I drag out, trying to convince him to tell me.

"It's nothing Liv, really" He says honestly and I decide to just drop it. Whatever it is, it can wait, we have an aisle to walk down.

"You may now kiss the bride"

The ceremony went well, everything worked out in the end but now it's time for the real party to start. "It's my please to introduce for the first time ever, Mr. and Mrs. North!" Everyone cheers as the walk into the room, hand in hand. They make their way to the dance floor for their first dance as everyone watches from their tables.

"Hi, I'm Olivia: the maid of honour, also Charlotte's best friend since forever. I was the one who introduced Charlotte and Austin, yes I know, you're welcome you two" I look over at my friends and they look at each other lovingly which makes my heart feel full. "When I introduced you two, I never expected to be standing at your wedding two years later but here we are. Before Charlotte told me about Austin, she would always refer to this guy- 'Mr. Sexy Surfer Boy' which I later found out was her code name for him since they met while Austin and I were filming a surf scene. Anyways, I would always hear about the things this guy would do and she would text me for hours going on about this guy while I was literally sitting next to him" Charlotte drops her head in her hands in embarrassment and I laugh lightly. "Now that I've seen you together, I've realized that you guys are literally the perfect couple and from now on, I will constantly compare my relationship to yours and try to live up to it" laughter echoes around the room as I continue. "Now, before I finish I just want to say that Austin, you aren't invited to our Mamma Mia sleepovers and that's just something you're going to have to live with" I say a few more things and then I hand the microphone to Drew so that he can make his best man speech.