thirty two

"Olivia, Owen come down" I hear my mom call us down for dinner as everyone got here a few minutes ago. I just had to finish prepping Owen for what was to come. Just having the Evans' over tonight is good, it's a good... introduction to my Seattle family.

"You ready?" We stand at the top of the staircase, just finished teaching him everyone's names.

"Yup, don't worry, we got this" He grabs my hands and pulls me down the stairs. Hopefully after everyone meets, it'll be less awkward.

Introductions are thrown around and soon after, the parents go into the kitchen, Char's dad yelling something at mine and flailing his arms in the air. I shake my head at the two and turn my attention back to the living room. I walk in with wine glasses for Owen and I, Charlotte has already given everyone else one before we came down. I nestle into the couch next to Owen, leaning into his side and pass him his glass. He mumbles a 'thank you' into my ear and I smile at him before listening to Char tell the story of her and Austin to Jackson and Milo. Our parents call us to the table as soon as Charlotte finishes showing off her ring, for the third time.

We all gather around the table, finding our spots easily and sit down. The big circular table seats us all easily and we start passing around the food. Once everyone is served, the dinner conversation begins.

"So Liv! Your turn, how did you guys meet? I guess I'm the only one who doesn't know now" Carson leans forward in his seat across from me. Everyone chuckles at the boy who is always out of the loop. Usually it's Milo when it's just our family but when all of us are together, it's definitely Carson. Of course Shannon and Ben don't know either but they're parents so they don't really count.

"Well, Owen's one of the main characters in the show I'm working on so I met him the first day I got there. He elected himself as my personal tour guide and I guess it worked out well for him" I smile at him and he returns it and I also feel his hand land on my thigh, just above my knee.

"Oh yes! How's that going? You had to pause filming right?" Shannon asked from across the table. I'm sure Charlotte filled them in on what Sav and I told her in New York.

"Yeah, we're supposed to start again at the beginning of January" She nods and goes back to her conversation with my mom.

"So you're not going to stay for New Years?" Carson asks with a sad look on his face.

"Nope, leaving on the 26th. Gotta go to Oklahoma and then back to Vancouver on the 30th" I felt bad for this being such a short trip. Usually, I'd come from mid December until at least New Year's day. It's just a bit harder this year, of course I could stay but Owen asked me to go home with him and how could I say no?

"I hope you know how much I hate you for leaving me with these losers" rounds of protests are heard from around the table and Carson shrugs at them all. Carson is like a third brother to me, I'm actually as close if not closer with him as I am with my brothers.

"Hey Cars, don't rub in the fact that we're cooler than them, they're sensitive about it" I snicker at the looks everyone gives us.

Dinner finally comes to an end and we get to work on clearing the dishes. I get up with Charlotte and start collecting everyone's plates. When our brothers stay sitting as well as the parents who usually expect the kids to clean up, I bump Owen in the back of the head and Charlotte gives him a look that says 'get up and help us you idiot' which he understands very clearly. He jumps up and starts to help us which makes Austin help as well. As we finish up, everyone else retires with their drinks to the movie room.

"Elf? The Grinch? Home Alone? Four Christmases?" My dad asks the parents as we walk in.

"We're watching Four Christmases? Hell yeah let me get a pillow" Carson runs upstairs, and returns soon after with Milo's pillow in hand.