twenty one

"My brothers are taking me for dinner tonight and I want them to meet Owen" Savannah's eyes shot open and she turned onto her side in Julie's bed, facing me. We were resting on the set since we didn't have any scenes to film for a little bit. Well Savannah was resting and I had been laying, staring at the ceiling contemplating if I should ask him or not.

"Wow, big step. So you think you're ready for that?" She leaned up on her elbow so that she could look at me.

"Yeah I mean I know it's a big step but I think we're ready. He's like kinda perfect for me Sav" I think about the blonde boy which makes my heart flutter. We've been dating for a few weeks now and it's been going really well, not much has changed considering the fact that we already acted like we were dating before but it's nice to know he's my boyfriend.

"Well I wish you luck" Then she gets a call so she jumps up from the bed and leaves the room. I stay where I am and a few minutes later I hear footsteps coming into the room.

"Hi baby" Owen leaned down to kiss my forehead.

"Hi" I smiled up at him. He really is perfect; the most perfect boy I've ever met. "I have a question for you but you have to promise me you won't freak out" I say up in the bed and looked at him with worried eyes.

"You're kinda freaking me out but okay. Shoot" He sat down on the bed next to me and I scooted over so he had more room. He moved further onto the bed and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"So uh, you know how my brothers live here?" he nodded slowly "Well I haven't been able to see them in a while so they want to go for dinner tonight and I was thinking... would you want to come meet them?" I rushed the last bit out of my mouth and looked at him while rubbing my hands together.

"Dinner with your brothers? Uh yeah sure" He looked unsure of his answer.

"You don't have to say yes, it's okay if you think it's too soon." I tried to read his thoughts but I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"Liv, I don't think it's too soon, I just am nervous but it'll be okay, it's not like I'm meeting your dad or anything." I feel my chest tighten when he says that, and I realize that I've never told him about my dad.

"Oh- um I should probably tell you something" I pulled him over to a couch on the far side of the studio, away from everyone else. "So I never told you this because- well I don't really know why, it just never came up I guess. Anyways, my dad passed away when I was 10" I felt a release in my chest once I told him, it's not like I've been holding it in but it feels nice to have finally told him.

"Oh Liv, I'm so sorry. Also I'm sorry for bringing him up, I didn't know. Are you okay?" I hadn't noticed but a tear was rolling down my face.

"It's okay, you had no way of knowing, I'm sorry for not telling you sooner." I feel like I've been subconsciously keeping this a secret and I feel bad for not telling him.

"Hey, look at me. I never want you to feel pressured to tell me something like this. You did it on your own terms and thats completely okay. I'm glad you feel that you can trust me with this. I will always be here for you Olivia Marie." I fell into his chest, hugging the beautiful, caring boy that was sitting in front of me.

"So is that a yes for dinner?" I chuckled, drying my tears.

"Yes, I'll be there"

Okay so I'm kinda freaking out. Owen is sitting next to me in our uber also probably freaking out. We're on our way to dinner with my brothers. I wasn't really nervous until we got in the car, now all I can think of is what could go wrong. We pull up to the restaurant and I see them standing outside. As soon as I get out of the car, I run over to them and jump on Jackson. I haven't seen him since I got here and I really do miss him. Once he lets me go I turn to Milo and hug him also.

"How are you guys? I'm so sorry for not getting together sooner" I say as I step back from the hug.

"I've been super busy too with work and all that. Milo's been helping me out at the office too" Jackson starts but I get distracted when I remember that Owen is standing right behind me.

Owen's POV

Liv turns to me and I try to stay calm when she introduces me to her brothers. They're pretty intimidating and I know that they're very protective of her.

"Hey man, I'm Milo" He holds out his hand and I shake it while smiling at him. Maybe this won't be too horrible.

"Hey it's great to meet you guys, Liv has told me so much about you both" I turn to her other brother and wait for him to say something but he's looking me up and down and then glances at Liv. She looks scared when she catches his eye and they stare at eachother almost having a silent conversation with eachother. I look back at Milo and he just rolls his eyes and walks into the restaurant. I look back at the two siblings with very serious looks on their faces and I'm terrified that he doesn't like me and I'll be forced to leave until he turns and laughs at me.

"Sorry I had to mess with Liv, I'm Jackson! Were you two scared?" I let out a breath i didn't know I was holding in and chuckle a bit. Liv on the other hand looks pissed.

"I hate you so much. I was ready to ditch you on the street while we went into dinner" She smacks her brothers arm before grabbing my hand and pulling me past him. After we pass, he throws his head back and laughs while following us inside.

We get to our table and order our food and drinks, all of us sharing a bottle of wine since it's a fancier restaurant. We make conversation while we wait for our food to come. I'm staying pretty calm even though I'm so anxious about making a good impression. Liv is holding my hand under the table which is helping me a lot. Jackson is very nice and I've gotten to know him pretty well. Milo is definitely the quietest of the three siblings but he seems like a nice guy also. When our food finally comes, I feel like I've made good progress with my impression on them.

"So Owen, what are your intentions with little Livy here?" Jackson looks at me and I feel my palms start to sweat. This is really like meeting someone's parents.

"Shut up Jackson" Liv rolls her eyes at him while she eats her dinner. He shoots her a look and she sits back in her seat with an annoyed expression.

"Uh well, even though we haven't known eachother for a long time, we got close really fast and I-" I rambled on, nervously trying to figure out what the hell I was trying to say.

"Dude, don't even answer him. He's joking" I look up at them, Jackson is trying to keep a serious face and Milo is shaking his head at him while he finishes his dinner.

"Okay I am joking but don't think I won't beat you up if you break her heart. She's my baby sister and if you hurt her, i'll hurt you" He really was serious this time.

"I wouldn't ever dream of it."

Olivia's POV

Dinner went well, I only had to scold Jackson a few times for being an ass but that's good considering his normal behaviour. Overall, I think they like Owen. I mean they were pretty chill with him. Not much questioning of our relationship happened. They actually wanted to get to know Owen as a person not just as my boyfriend which has never happened before. Now Owen and I are in the car, heading back to my apartment.

"How are you babe?" Owen's voice snaps me out of my daze and I glance over at him in the backseat of our uber.

"Good, happy, tired. I think I had too much wine" I lay my head on his shoulder and he puts his arm around me. "How do you think the dinner went? Were they too scary? I'll yell at them for you" Owen laughed at my drunken state. I don't usually get drunk off wine but I had like 4 glasses.

"It was good, I think they liked me. I really like Jackson, he's pretty cool. A little scary but nothing I can't handle." He laughed and I smiled. I feel so happy right now. I have an amazing boyfriend and an amazing family and everything in this moment is perfect.

3 unread messages from Tori Caro

a/n !
cliffhanger!! this chapter was so short and kinda sucks but i had to make owen meet her brothers ugh. the next chapter will be up very soon. have a good day/night