twenty eight

I wake up to the sound of someone's phone going off. I'm sprawled out in the luxurious white bed sheets and I smile to myself, remembering where we are. I feel Owen's chest pressed against my back and his legs are tangled in mine, his heavy arm is thrown over my waist, holding me securely. I look for the source of the noise and quickly figure out it's Owen's phone which I cant reach. I nudge him, closing my eyes and shortly after I feel him move from his position to reach the bedside table and then the noise stops.

"Good morning baby" he whispers in my ear and peppers kisses down from behind my ear to my collarbone.

"Good morning" I turn around and plant a quick kiss on his cheek and then jump out of bed, running to the bathroom. After basically living in the same apartment as him, I know that Owen takes a lifetime to get ready in the morning. Once I'm in the bathroom I hear him groan and then the bed moving, signalling that he got up. I hear him rustling around his suitcase and I wait for him to walk into the bathroom. I finish washing my face and start on my makeup. Just as I started my eye makeup, Owen walks in, his shampoo and conditioner in hand and sets them in the shower before starting it. As many times as we've seen each other naked, I'm still not used to it so when he takes off his sweatpants, a blush creeps onto my face and I look down, focusing on my makeup bag. Once he's in the shower, I take my time to finish my makeup and when I'm done, I go back to my suitcase and pick out an outfit for the day.

Once I'm dressed and ready to go, I order some room service for breakfast. I text with Savannah to make sure she's awake and confirm that we're leaving in an hour. I hear the shower turn off and a few minutes later, Owen emerges from the bathroom, a cloud of steam following him. My eyes drift from my phone to Owen's and as he walks towards his suitcase to get something to wear today. I watch as his muscles flex under his skin as he picks different articles of clothing up, looking for a specific shirt. I don't realize how much time has passed until I hear him clear his throat.

"Take a picture, it will last longer" He smirks at me and I roll my eyes, going back to my instagram feed.

"It's okay, you never leave me alone so I can get a free show anytime I want" He pretends to be hurt but goes back to picking out his clothes and walking into the bathroom again and will probably be in there another 40 minutes doing his hair. It's short now but it still takes him forever to do.

The room service finally comes 30 minutes later and I let the guy in. He rolls the cart into the room and leaves it near the bed. I thank him and give him a tip as he walks back out of the room. I start picking around the tray of food I ordered, deciding on a croissant and some grapes. I snack on the small plate while I wait for Owen to be ready. Soon after, he walks out of the bathroom with his hair all fluffed and ready to go.

"Ooh food!" He runs over to the tray and starts grabbing random items, shoving them in his mouth.

"Oh go ahead, help yourself" I say sarcastically as he sits next to me on the bed. I wait for him to finish the food and then text everyone that we're on our way to the lobby. I get a thumbs up response from Drew and Charlie replies saying they'll be down in 5 minutes. I grab my purse and push Owen out the door, knowing if I didn't we would take forever to get there.

Hours later, Savannah and I walk hand in hand down Fifth Avenue, the boys trailing behind holding our things. "Can we go back now? My feet hurt" Charlie whines from behind us. I turn to see him holding six large bags, clearly struggling.

"I just need one more thing, I just cant find the store" Savannah says as she looks down the street, searching for who knows what. We've been to almost every store that interests us, up and down both sides of the street.

"What else could you possibly need?" Drew now complains as he too holds some of the bags, the ones Owen and Charlie couldn't hold.

"Okay how about you boys go back to the hotel and we'll finish shopping" I propose the idea and everyone agrees. We walk towards the hotel, the boys go inside and Sav and I continue on the shopping trip. We've spent hundreds of dollars today which is a lot but we don't normally do this so it's a good excuse. "So what are we looking for?" I ask her while we walk back down the street.