nineteen

>

>

>

liked by rudeth, charlie_gillespie and 848,283 others

oliviameyers happy birthday drew🤍 we've been through so much over the past few years and it's been hard but I know it's made our friendship stronger. You're an amazing person and your energy is magical.

drewstarkey i love you

[comments limited]

Drew went back home to North Carolina for his birthday which made me sad since we couldn't celebrate together. He'll be back soon though, he left a few days ago and will be back sometime next week. I made sure to facetime him when I woke up this morning and we talked for a bit before he had to go have lunch with his family.

Owen and I are laying on the couch of his apartment, waiting for Charlie and Savannah to bring back the pizza they went to pick up. Sav and I got in trouble for ordering delivery when "we have perfectly working cars to go pick it up" as Charlie and Owen said.

"Hey Liv, I have a question" I look across the couch at him as we're laying with his feet near my head and mine near his.

"What is is?"

"I was just wondering... how did you and Drew end? You don't have to answer if you don't want, I was just curious" I sat up. I wasn't expecting him to as that. I hadn't really told anyone what happened between Drew and I except Mads and my brothers of course.

"No it's fine, it's kinda a long story though" he sat up and I shifted so that I was sitting cross legged, facing him. "So we met when we were filming Outer Banks and at first we were just close friends. At the end of the first week, we had a little cast party. I was still kinda heartbroken about breaking up with my boyfriend from high school because we a pretty bad breakup after I graduated from high school. With Zach, we dated for like all of high school but then broke up when we graduated. After I moved to LA , he came sometimes to visit his cousin and when he came into town, we'd pick up where we left off. When I booked Outer Banks, I realized I needed to focus so I told him we were done for good which got really messy. Anyways, Drew and I got super drunk that night and hooked up." I paused, unsure if he wanted me to continue. I mean obviously he knows we dated and everything but I wouldn't want to hear about him and his ex that's for sure. He nodded to get me to continue, clearly interested in the story.

"So after that night we tried to go back to just being friends but we realized that we had feelings for each other so after about a week, we started dating. We were together the whole time during filming and then we stayed together for a while after. So we started filming in August 2019 and then finished in February of this year. He moved in with me in LA for a bit, until March when the pandemic started. He had to go back home and I went back to Seattle too. We did long distance until July. During quarantine, I was really struggling with my mental health and then when the anniversary of my dad's death came around, I couldn't handle it." I felt tears starting to build up so I took a breath and calmed myself down before continuing.

"I remember getting mad at him for not caring and not being there for me which he had no control over. At the time, I started so many fights and I wouldn't talk to him for days at a time. Finally, just before the end of July, Drew flew in and surprised me in Seattle. At this point, I realized that I couldn't be in a relationship anymore, I needed to focus on myself and that was more important. We talked it out and after a long conversation, we decided to stay friends. We knew that we'd be working together again and we were going to try our best to get back to how things were before." I finished with a sigh of relief. It's not like I was keeping it a secret from Owen, he had just never asked.

"You know I'm so proud of you right?" Owen pulled me over so that I'm sitting on his lap. and pushed some hair back, behind my ears.

"For breaking up with him?" I chuckled and shifted on top of him.

"No you dork. For being so strong. You've been through so much and you're still such an amazing girl" He looked admirably into my eyes and I smiled.

"Oh stop it, Owen Joyner you're just too cute" I pulled his face up to press my lips against his. He smiled into the kiss which made me smile too. Then we heard the door open and Sav and Charlie walk in with the food.

"Woah woah woahhhh keep it PG people!" Charlie walks into the living room and I laugh and slide off Owen's lap, moving to sit next to him.

"Okay Charlie let's all pretend we didn't hear you two last night" I turn into Owen's shoulder so that they don't see me laugh and he wraps his arm around me, also laughing but not hiding it at all.

"Hey man, I've got no shame in my game" Charlie shoved a piece of pizza in his mouth and I look at Savannah who looks mortified.

"Shut up Owen" Savannah says as she grabs some pizza. Once she has her piece, Charlie pulls her over to him so that her legs are draped over his. "It's not like you guys are too quiet either so you're not one to talk" She looks at me with a smirk but I just laugh it off with a shrug of my shoulders.

a/n !
ok so this is a filler chapter but some backstory for liv!