twenty nine

After drinks I said goodbye to Charlotte, telling her we needed to plan a night out with all of us together again. She left to go meet her fiancé. Her fiancé! My best friend is getting married! I'm still not used to it.

I walk into my hotel room, hearing the tv playing from the bedroom. I slip off my shoes and leave them by the bathroom and peek around the corner to see Drew and Owen curled up on the bed, dead asleep. I giggle at their position and quietly turn the tv off. I had to wake Drew up before I went to sleep because there's no way I'm sharing a bed with the two boys. I walk up to Drew and quietly wake him and let him out of the room, telling him I'll talk to him in the morning. Once he's gone I tip toe back to Owen and check that he's still asleep. When I'm sure he is, I lightly put one leg over him and sit right on top of him and wait for him to wake up. I guess I'm not heavy enough for him to notice so I start peppering kisses on his lips and neck. This wakes him up very quickly.

"Hi baby" His voice is deep and I internally swoon.

"Hey, did Drew bore you to sleep?" He chuckles and his smile lights up the whole room.

"No, we were watching a movie but I was super tired and I guess he fell asleep too" I go to roll off of him but his hands stop me. "And where do you think you're going?" I bite my lip, he looks so unbelievably good right now.

"I was gonna go change, I don't wanna wear this dress anymore, is that okay with you?" I cross my arms over my chest with a challenging look on my face. I love pushing my limits with Owen, I always poke fun at him and see how far he'll let me go.

"I guess so but only if you come back right away" I jump off the bed with a smirk and run to the suitcases. I slip out of my dress and drop it in my suitcase, then reach into Owen's and steal a shirt from his collection. I turn around to see him staring at me so I run back and jump on the bed, falling in right next to him. He pulls me into his side and I roll so that I'm inches away from his face. "So how is Charlotte?"

"Engaged." I state and his reaction resembles mine when Charlotte told me the news.

"What? To who?" He leaned back to scan my face, to make sure I wasn't joking.

"To Austin North" He shifts onto his back and pulls me into his side. I lay my head on his chest and lace my fingers in his, using my other hand to play with the thick silver rings on his fingers.

"Wow, that's a surprise. So what do you think?" He asks lightly, his voice very quiet.

"About her and Austin or about marriage?" I laugh and look up at him.

"Well... both?" He seriously wasn't asking about my thoughts on marriage was he? And if he is, marriage in general or a marriage between us?

"I'm happy for them, she seems really happy and about marriage..." I trail off and distract myself with his rings. "And marriage- well I guess I've always dreamed of my wedding, it's just a comfort thing I've done since I was younger. So I guess I've thought about it a lot" He leans down and kisses my head which makes me look up at him. "What about you?"

"Well first off, I think Austin and Charlotte are gonna be great together. Secondly, I think marriage is something really special and I can't wait for it. I never thought it'd be so soon though." Soon? SOON? Is he like dropping hints? Soon as in a week or soon as in a few years? Am I crazy for not being completely freaked out by this? Of course I'm a little shocked but I'm not totally against the idea?

"Soon? How soon do you want it to be..." I look away from him, trailing my eyes around the hotel waiting for his answer.

"Oh definitely in the next 5 years. I don't want to get married when I'm old." He laughs and I slowly chuckle with him. "What have you thought about for your wedding?" A smile creeps onto my face. I love talking about the wedding I've planned in my head. Dani, my friend in high school and I loved talking about our 'weddings'. Charlotte wasn't really into it so she would just listen along but Dani and I always texted back and forth about what colours we wanted, the kind of dress, the ring types.