fifty two

I wake up to my phone ringing, for some reason it's blaring right next to my ear so I fumble around a bit before I feel it. I lean over to my bedside table to turn on the lamp and slide to answer the call at the same time. As soon as it connects, I hear Owen's voice booming and I hurry to turn down the volume.

"What the fuck Liv" He yells and I look down to see him walking around our apartment.

"Owen? It's like 5am" My eyes finally adjust so I stop squinting and fall back to lay in bed.

"Yeah I know it is. I came to get you for work and you were fucking gone! Why the fuck did you leave without telling me?" Okay 5 in the morning is definitely too early for all the curse words he's throwing at me.

"I didn't think you cared, you didn't come up when I got home last night so I figured you were still mad" I grumble.

"Still! You can't just leave like that, even if we weren't talking I'd want to know what country you're in" He sounds panicked but I can't find it in me to care right now.

"Okay I'm in America, can I go back to sleep?" I close my eyes, wanting to catch a couple more hours of sleep but I don't hang up, he would probably block me if I did.

"Fine"

"Can we talk later?" I ask but he's already hung up. What a great way to start my day.

After an hour of tossing and turning, I decided to get up. It's my first day of being back in LA and I have a full schedule. I have a few meetings with management and then I have a zoom meeting with Kenny this afternoon. I'm hoping to meet up with Charlotte and Austin as well but I'm not sure if I'll have time today.

I'm rushing into my manager's building when I get a text from Charlie. I get in the elevator and hit the correct floor button before pulling out my phone to answer.

charlie
hey how's LA?
i don't know if he told you but owen decided to dance today and he hurt his shoulder

olivia
WHAT

charlie
he's fine!
don't worry

olivia
charlie
he hurt himself, i'm already worried

charlie
i'll get him to call you later
sav is with him right now she'll probably call you if anything happens
just focus on your meetings
be a #girlboss

olivia
okay
please never say that again

I put my phone back in my purse when the elevator doors open. I really hope that Owen's okay but I can't put off the meeting any longer, I've already rescheduled three times and it's not the best impression to give. I make a mental note to call him later and then step into the office.

"Olivia! You're finally here!" Sarah stands up from her desk and pulls me into a hug.

"Yes I'm so sorry this took so long, everything got a little crazy but it's all good now" I smile and she sits back down at her desk, motioning for me to sit in front of it in one of the chairs.

"No worries, we just have to get moving on this thing. So first things first, I think I have an in with a director who might need an assistant." Sarah gets right to business and I nod. Obviously I didn't expect to just jump in as a director and this could be a great opportunity, especially if it's a good director.

"Okay that sounds good, who is it?" I'm relatively new to this whole this so I've let Sarah really run with it, as long as I get creative control, I'm fine with whatever.