thirty seven

The girls have been hanging out in my apartment for the past few hours, watching movies and catching each other up on our Christmas trips. Once it got late enough, we all pulled out our makeup and hair tools to get ready for our cast New Year's party. The party starts at 7 so we have to leave in like 30 minutes but Savannah is currently running around the apartment with sweatpants and a sports bra shouting about missing her shirt. "I CAN'T FIND IT"

"LOOK IN YOUR BAG" Carolynn yells back from the kitchen. Since she's the only functioning adult here, she's been ready for a while now and is waiting for us all to be ready.

"STOP SCREAMING" Madi yells from the bathroom where she's helping Jadah do her makeup.

"Sav, found it!" I call from my bedroom and she comes running in a couple seconds later. "It was on the floor by Madi's bag" I hand her the shirt and push her into my bathroom to change.

"Okay, calm down" She closes the door and I go back to the mirror to fix my outfit. Carolynn and I decided to surprise our boys tonight, they were expecting us to wear little party dresses but I thought since it's basically a work event, we'd show up a little more classy. I smooth my hands down the silky red fabric that runs down to my calf and adjust it before tying the strings that sit on my lower back. Carolynn has a similar dress, a black silk dress with a loose fit.

"Let's go girls! The uber is here!" Carolynn calls from the kitchen and Savannah emerges from the bathroom in her proper outfit twirling to show it off for me.

"You look so good!" I exclaim as I pull her out of my room and towards the door.

"Stop it! You look amazing oh my goodness" She says in return which I answer with a smile.

"Lets get a move on" Madi shoves us all out of the door and we're off to the last party of 2020.

"Wow it looks amazing" Savannah says as we walk through the entrance to the club that was littered with gold and black decorations and in the front was the big '2021' numbers. Music was pumping through the speakers and the bright lights near the big tv were circling around the room. The cast and crew were littered around the room, either eating, drinking, or dancing.

"The party has arrived" Madi calls out and everyone's head turns to us. I immediately found Owen in the crowd and his eyes were shamelessly dragging up and down my body. I make my way over to him, greeting the people I passed on my way.

"Hey you" I say once I reach him.

"You are unreal" He says in my ear as he leans in to kiss my cheek.

"Are you telling me that I'm a phantom?" I joke poking his shoulder playfully.

"Be the Luke to my Julie?"

"I'd be honoured" I take his extended hand and he pulls me off to the dance floor where we clumsily dance around to whatever song is playing through the speakers.

"Hey Olivia, can I talk to you for a minute?" Savannah comes up from behind where I'm standing with Owen, near the screen where the New Year's countdown will happen in a few short minutes. Owen looks at me and tightens his grip on my waist, not wanting to let me go so close to the countdown but Savannah's pleading look makes it seem urgent.

"I'll be right back" I whisper to Owen and follow Sav to the edge of the room where it's a lot quieter.

"I'm freaking out" She starts pacing back and forth and I instantly am concerned.

"Why? What happened?" I panic, grabbing her shoulder to stop her from moving. What could she be scared about? Her and Charlie's relationship is as strong as ever, unless something happened tonight.