Chapter 71.

"Our love was only gettin' started
Oh, why does a star shine brightest at the end?"

Song: The End - Diane Birch

****

THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE.
Read chapter 70 first.

****

HARRY'S P.O.V. 

11.40 P.M.:

Red and blue flashing lights.

That's all I'd seen when I got to Abby's work.

I'd barely pulled the car into a screeching halt before I threw myself out of it, seeing police cars around Steve's car with the area taped off.

Jimmy was behind me, and I decked the first cop that tried to grab me and stop me getting past the tape.

I couldn't see anyone inside the car, and all I can remember is yelling out to Abby, with three other cops holding me back.

One thing I did see though was blood.

There was blood over the gravel.

It all happened so fast and I couldn't think, I'd tried calling Abby on the way there and nearly smashed my phone against the door when it kept going to her voicemail, the same with Steve's.

Jimmy managed to tell one of the cops who we were, and who Abby and Steve were to us; trying to figure out what happened and I was shocked I wasn't arrested.

I'm not sure what Jimmy said to them, but they did have me handcuffed at one point but for some reason released me.

The second we were told we should go to the hospital, I didn't even wait to find out what had happened, as soon as I heard the name of the hospital, I was already back to the car.

It was all such blur, Jimmy was right behind me but neither of us had a clue what had gone on. None of the cops would tell us, all they kept saying was,

"This is a crime scene."

My hands were shaking that fucking bad the whole time I sped there, it was dead silent between Jimmy and I, neither of us knew what the fuck to say or expect.

We had no idea what we'd find at the hospital.

I didn't even bother locking my car when I pulled into the emergency parking lot, i couldn't give a fuck if they towe my car or if where I parked is a no parking zone.

All I cared about was getting inside.

Jimmy ran behind me, you wouldn't even know he's in pain and this very second I don't think he feels it.

We got to the front emergency reception, and the person behind the desk was on the phone so I nearly put my fist through the plastic shield window in front of them; when they wouldn't hang up.

"Abigail Reed, Steve Forbes — you need to tell me if they're here. Tell me where the fuck they are," I screamed, hitting at the window panel again.

"Sir if you don't calm down, security will escort you out-" The woman had tried to say but I just shouted again.

"Let them fucking try, now tell me where they are."

I catch my reflection in the window and realise how insane our I look, my hair is soaked with sweat and I have soot smudged all over my face from the smoke at the club.