Chapter 60.

"Journey with me
Into the mind of a maniac"

Song: Natural Born Killaz - Ice Cube & Dr. Dre.

September 27th:

JIMMY'S POV.:

"Awe man, Sophie is gonna kill me when I get home," Jacob whines, sitting in the back seat of the van and looking down at his shirt; that's underneath his leather vest.

It's a nice T-shirt - very jacob, white with a big old school tattoo style snake and dagger on the front.

Or should I say it was a nice shirt.

I look over my shoulder from the front passenger seat, and Jacob mumbles to himself with his joint hanging between his lips, "She said not to get blood on ths one. She got it for me for Christmas."

"You probably shouldn't wear your nice clothes to kill someone," I point out, watching him trying to wipe at his shirt with his leather gloved hands; as if that's going to help it, "but don't stress J-baby, I'm sure wifey will understand."

Steve is humming along to the radio not really paying attention to either of us while he drives, listening to his old blues music and Jacob huffs again, throwing his head back to rest it against the van panel behind him.

"Well how was I supposed to know the old bastard was gonna try and run off or struggle that much? Sophies gonna be so pissed. I'm so in the fuckin' dog house when she sees it."

I kinda feel bad, he looks really upset about it.

Granted things didn't exactly go to plan tonight so it's not entirely his fault.

I glance at the lifeless body that's wrapped in black garbage bags on the floor of the van and then back up to Jacob, "Well ya know, people don't usually just stand there and let you beat them to death with a steel bat. You could have just shot him."

We had some business to handle tonight, that we took care of at that abandoned warehouse - which I hadn't been back to since Peaches shot me in the leg.

Dead bodies should be shocking. But I think when you find your mother's body hanging in her room when you're sixteen, they kinda lose their shock value after that.

Plus I've lost count of the amount of people I've watched her killed in front of me since then.

"That's his fault," Jacob grumbles and kicks his boot against the body, folding his arms over his chest, "He pissed me off. He should've kept his mouth shut."

Well yeah, telling Jacob to go and get fucked when he was breaking the guys arm probably wasn't the best idea on the guys behalf.

I think the part that snapped Jacob was when that piece of shit spat at him and told him we'd never be able to stop David, the people he knew or the shit they were doing.

Then he laughed about it. He gloated.

Funny what being tortured and threatened with death will do to a normally typical looking business man - someone you'd never look twice at if you walked past them on the street. It'll really bring out their true colours.

That fuckwits true colours got his skull bashed in.

... All he had to do was give us the information we wanted but apparently evil also equals stupid with that dumbass.

Good riddance as far as I'm concerned.

"Awe c'mon, don't pout," I say with a frown, cooing and trying to cheer him up, "What if we get a happy meal on the way, yeah? Will that make you feel better?"