Chapter 13.

"So just stay right here safe and sound"

A/N: This song makes me 🥺

Song: Safe and Sound - Christian Akridge

***

"ANDY WAS THERE?" Harry bellows, standing in front of Jimmy where he is stood next the our couch I'm sitting on.

"Yeah but let me finish!" Jimmy bursts in eager excitement.

"So Andy was all" Jimmy puts on a high pitched whiny voice, pulling a comically derpy expression  "If I was your mother I would've killed myself too"

"He said fucking what to you?" Harry hisses through his teeth, with his whole body rigid as his hands curl and un curl into tight fists at his side.

"But then!" Jimmy exclaims, holding his hands up into fists "You shoulda seen Peaches go all UFC on him!"

Jimmy punches at the air in short fast bursts as he jumps from foot to foot, nearly clocking Harry in the face but Harry doesn't flinch.

"She was like 'Pa-Pow pow!' And then" he thrusts his fists down by his hips as he springs his knee up "Ba-bang! Fuckin nearly knocked his nuts into his skull! I swear to god I got a semi over it!"

I'm just sitting quietly watching them, chewing on a chicken nugget from the Happy Meal in my lap that Jimmy stopped to get for me on the way home.

He said heroes deserve Happy Meals.

I also think if I never hear the song Hero by Mariah Carey again it'll be far too soon, as soon as the song would finish he'd start it again. He even sang it to the poor teenager at the drive-thru.

Harry's face snaps to look at me, his brows shooting up and lips parting for a moment before his expression drops and he's moving to crouch down in front of me with concerned eyes and rests his hands on my knees.

"You punched Andy?"

"And cracked his balls like a couple of eggs for an omelette. You should'a heard him yelp like a little pussy! Collapsed on the ground like a sack of shit, surprise he wasn't sucking his thumb when we left." Jimmy adds, leaning over and pointing to the Happy Meal in my lap.

"You gonna finish that?"

I shake my head, giving Jimmy a polite smile and hand him the box; that he takes with eager fingers and plops down on the arm of the couch to shovel the leftover nuggets into his mouth.

I turn my attention to Harry, catching his eyes for a moment before looking down to his hands on my knees and shrug.

"He deserved it, I couldn't help it."

"Which hand? Show me." Harry worries, and I lift my hand that's now swollen around the knuckles and wince when he takes hold of it.

I punched Andy a hell of a lot harder than I punched David.

He presses his lips into a flat line as he inspects it, letting a deep crease form between his brows as he blows out a heavy breath through his nose and swipes his thumb over the ring on my finger "That's gonna bruise, doesn't look like you've broke anything though - does it hurt a lot?"

I shake my head, watching his facial expressions as he dotes over my knuckles "No it's just sore."

Harry's eyes dart up to mine as he places my hand back into my lap, with his voice switching from its crooning softness to a warning low tone.