Chapter 63.

"She's got a fine sense of humour when I'm feeling low down

And when I come to her when the sun goes down
She takes away my troubles, takes away my grief
Takes away my heartache in the night like a thief"

Song: Crazy Love (cover) - Juke Ross.

(Side note: I know this is a love song, but I also think it's really sweet in reference to a friend.)

*****

"Engaged?!"

The pitch of Sophie's scream near deafened me.

She was sitting about half a second ago, but she shot up off of our couch like lightning struck her up the ass.

Harry is standing next to Jacob, who in a very rare moment actually has his eyes all the way open, and now has his head turned with his jaw dropped staring at Harry.

I called Sophie and asked her to come over this afternoon with Jacob, she's only been here ten minutes and she looks like I've dropped a bomb on her.

"Are you actually being serious?" she gapes, staring down at where I'm sitting, and even Ludo nearly jumped out of his skin from a dead sleep from Sophie's outburst.

So far the consensus seems to everyone that Harry proposing is more shocking than him murdering people.

That's understandable.

I nod, leaning back a bit and unsure if this is a good or bad reaction from her yet, "I'm being serious," I hold up my hand and wiggle my finger that has Jimmy's mum's ring on it, "Trust me I was as shocked as you are."

Sophie stares at my hand, then back to my face and then back to my hand; and next second she's spinning on the spot and near running at Harry.

For one of the first times ever, I actually see Harry flinch and he scrunches one side of his face up as if he's expecting her to slap him.

What I didn't expect is when she actually does.

Her hand connects up the side of his head, before she's hitting at his chest and yelling, "And you didn't tell me you were planning this you fucking jack ass."

Harry steps back holding his hands up, and looking over to me for help, "Hey woah woah, I didn't know when I was gonna-"

"Baby, baby - hey calm down-" Jacob tries to intervene, but Sophie shoots him a look that makes him take two steps back and he mumbles "ok nevermind, go ahead," before she is focusing on Harry again.

"Why didn't you tell me," she huffs, swatting at the side of his head again but Harry moves his head to dodge it, "You think you can just marry my best friend without asking me first."

Harry leans back, still holding his hands up, "Sophie - I... I don't know. It was a spur of the moment thing, I didn't know I needed to ask you, I don't know what I'm doing here alright? I was gonna ask her dad when I tried to find him for Abby but he's... well...."

Harry glances over to me, giving me a sympathetic look for mentioning my dad, and I mouth 'it's okay' back to him. I'm well aware my father is dead, I'm still screwed in the head over it, but it's not Harry's fault and there's nothing I can do to change it.

Sophie pauses, "So that's why Abby found out about her dad?"

Harry nods quickly, and I really shouldn't laugh but it's pretty amusing seeing him so scared of Sophie, "Yeah I tried googling stuff about proposing and wanted it to be all traditional and stuff but uh- well, it didn't go to plan. So I had no idea when I was gonna ask her, I didn't even know if I would after that."