Chapter 29.

"We are kneeling at the rivers edge and tempting
All the steps to follow closer right behind
Is it only when you feel a part is empty
That it’s gnawing at the corners of your mind

I will ask you for mercy
I will come to you blind
What you’ll see is the worst me
Not the last of my kind"

Warning : Graphic Violence.

A/N : some of you didn't get notified about the last update. Just check you've read that one first. Wattpad is being a dumb dumb.

****

July 5th:

It's Wednesday.

I'm going to meet Harry at the club, he said he had some things to do there but to meet him when I finished work.

My boss Claire let me leave early, and thankfully Jimmy was able to come pick me up earlier. I considered just getting a taxi but, I also didn't know if that was a stupid idea so I decided against it.

I really can't wait for the day I can drive myself to work, or go somewhere without being chaperoned. I understand why it has to be that way at the moment, but it doesn't mean I like it. It's frustrating that I can't just go grocery shopping when I feel like it, or just go anywhere really unsupervised unless I'm at work.

I  hope something gets done with David soon, or at least we can figure out a way where I don't feel like I can have some kind of independence. It gets hard to cope with some days, because Harry gets to come and go as he pleases and I feel like I'm tied on a short leash. I don't want to need protecting, or rely on someone for that.

It's been that way for months now, and I don't know how many more months I can cope with it.

But, it's also like, what would I rather go off on my own and have David hurt me? I know that's reality, so I just suck it up. It doesn't stop it feeling suffocating though.

It's always in the back of your mind.

It's been a miserable rainy day and it hasn't let up into the night, so I try and make my way to the front door in the dark street as quickly as possible once I say goodbye to Jimmy, and get out of the car; feeling the cold rain pour down on me as I stare at my feet; splashing water on the pavement that has a red reflection from the red neon sign outside the club.

I really should invest in an umbrella.

As soon as I push through the front doors my eyes have to adjust to the deep red tint, and I search my eyes around the downstairs bar but it's completely empty. Nothing but the same rock music filling the space in the room.

I push my damp hair away from my face, and wrap my arms  in front of myself to pull my cardigan tighter while I walk towards the staircase to see if he's upstairs.

I shiver as I walk up the stairs, feeling the chill in the empty air that's normally filled with warmth and sweat from the sea of people's bodies that are usually here grinding together.

This place is eerie when no one is here.

I can't wait to get home and get changed out of these damp clothes.

I reach the top of the stairs, and take a few steps into the top bar room; glancing at the stage before looking around the room for Harry.

I pause my steps when I see him, sat on the couch near the bar against the wall but he's sat with another man talking; and he has that hard but calm demeanor about him.