Chapter 85.

"I'm sick and I'm tired too

I can admit, I am not fireproof"

Song: The Beach - The Neighborhood.

*****

THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE.

read chapter 84 if you haven't yet.

****

Sunshine

Sunshine.

That's what I could feel.

I have no idea how long I'd been here, it felt like hours.

I've been sitting on the beach, watching the waves and feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin; the warm sand under my bare feet and felt it between my fingers when I'd rested back on my hands and dug my fingers into it.

The smell of the ocean in the breeze is all I could smell, and I'd close my eyes, letting it consume me.

I'd let everything else around me disappear and at some point I got a feeling back that I didn't know I'd feel again.

Calm.

For a moment things felt still.

I'd wondered since the basement if I'd be scared of water. How it would affect me.

But when i got here and looked at the ocean, I wasn't.

I was mostly scared of myself.

For a while I'd sat there watching the waves lap up onto the sand, and stared out to where the ocean met the sky and it seemed endless.

There was a part of me that had the urge to walk into it.

Go out into the ocean and not come back.

Maybe I'd get away from myself.

Instead I stayed on the sand, trying to focus on all the things I could physically feel.

It gave me time to think, on my own, and that's exactly what I did. Instead of pushing everything away I really sat and thought about everything.

About what happened. What happened to me. How I'd felt.

I thought about what I wanted, and what I didn't want.

I thought about my life.

I'd watch people on the beach, there weren't that many but some had come down early to surf; or I'd see people going for walks.

It made me think about their lives and wonder what they looked like. If they were happy or if they were a mess like me.

I let my head fall back, looking up to the sky before closing my eyes and let warmth wash over me.