Chapter 2.

"You're my novocaine
You numb the pain
And you keep me sane
You keep me sane
Yes, you do

Even when the world goes down in flames
I can't feel a thing 'cause you're my novocaine"

***

Harry lead me to the bathroom when I finally agreed to let him go, but he kept a possessive hold on me as we walked. The sun should be coming up soon and he was insistent on following the same ritual we always do, neither of us were going to be going back to sleep.

I still feel a heavy weight on me, that sick feeling from my dream feels like it's crawling over my skin and I can't get rid of it.

Harry still seems beside himself, constantly looking at me or touching me; trying to figure out what to do. As horrid as I feel it still makes my chest ache seeing him so lost in almost a childlike way, wanting to fix things.

Fix me.

Funny to think I'm the one that needed fixing these days.

We're still adjusting to this new house, we've only been here a month and a half. It's only about fifteen minutes from the city, so it's a bit closer then Harrys apartment for him to get to the club and it's not far from my work either.

The house isn't huge, it's actually kind of quaint. It's an older brick home - plenty of character and looks nothing like Harrys apartment that looked completely newly refurbished and something you'd see in a magazine.

It felt homey. Compliented with a front porch; sheilded by slatted fencing and vines, even some flowers in the front garden.

You'd swear an old couple lived here that sat on their porch drinking tea every afternoon, not a club owner that killed people and a dog shelter worker that still apologises to a bug for stepping on it.

It has three bedrooms and two bathrooms however we only use the ensuite bathroom connected to our bedroom.

Ludo has his own room, he doesn't go for naps in that laundry any more.

The main bathroom has the one thing that makes Harry refuse to go into it, which is a bathtub. The bathroom door stays locked 90% of the time unless I'm taking Ludo in there for a bath.

I told Harry we didn't have to pick this house, based on the fact it had a bathtub - as long as it doesn't have a basement I don't care but aside from the fact it was the one we could move into the quickest; he liked that it had a yard for Ludo which the others hadn't and once he saw the look on my face the first time he showed it to me, he said he was sold on it.

But I'm also sure watching the wide grin on Ludos face as he done fast laps around the yard and rolled in the grass had something to do with it too.

He also said that he didn't want something like a bathtub controlling him, or stopping him from getting the house we wanted.

It's far more domesticated than anything I ever pictured Harry living in - it's warm and inviting, honestly sometimes watching him around the house feels a bit like having a lion that's trying to act like a house cat.

He is trying though and sometimes it's amusing watching him try to make a home out of a house.

He even bought a scented candle. Just one.

He said he googled what makes somewhere home like and apparently scented candles came up, unfortunatley the one he picked said 'home' on it but it smelt like a stale grandmother.