Chapter 79.

"No grave can hold my body down
I'll crawl home to her."

Song : Work Song - Hozier.

***

A/N : I'm baaaaaack. Sorry for the wait, but you'll be getting three updates with about 24k words in total.

So, buckle up.

I've missed you.

P.s. anyone else absolutely shitting themselves? Cause I am.

****

HARRY'S P.O.V:

It's been over 24 hours.

Over 24 hours since I've seen Abby for the last time at the hospital.

It was an hour after we found Maurine that Abby's phone rang.

We found it at Jimmy's house.

It was David on the other end, and as soon as I heard his voice I was screaming into the phone.

All I heard from him before he hung up was,

"I will call you and tell you where to find her within the next 24 hours. If you try anything, or don't come alone -- I promise you I will kill her and that dog and you'll never see them again. See you soon Harry."

He's using them to get to me, which is obvious and I know I'll be walking into a set up he's created — but I don't care. As long as I find Abby and Ludo.

I don't care what he does to me. All I care about is making sure they get out alive.

I was sure I was going to go to jail for nearly beating that cop half to death in his car, but it was actually Officer Dowling that got me out of it.

Apparently it'd be worse for them if they charged me, because they're the ones that fucked up with watching Maurines house and got her killed.

They're trying to keep that quiet apparently.

They're also trying to figure out who the cops were that David had watching the house when Maurine was killed.

This is why I don't fucking trust cops.

Well... except for Steve.

Jimmy's been a complete wreck. I had to drag him off of Maurines body. He wouldn't let her go.

He said it was like finding his mum all over again.

I had no fucking idea what to do. I've been trying to be the strong one for him, but I'm not even sure how to be that or if I'm doing it properly.

I've never really had to deal with someone dying that I've cared about before...

After my mental snap in the front yard, everything since that has felt... blurred.

I felt numb.

I watched them take Maurine away and I felt empty.

Jimmy looked... broken.

After everything with Steve, finding Maurine and now with Abby and Ludo missing, Jimmy looked how I thought I should be feeling.

He was distraught about Abby and Ludo, but both of us felt completely useless.