Chapter 20

The song for this chapter is Afterglow by Taylor Swift. Follow the official playlist of Chasing Mr. Right at #CMRPlaylist on Spotify. Enjoy reading!

CHAPTER 20

"FINALS WEEK IS already approaching. Pero ngayon pa lang pagod na pagod na ako," reklamo ni Anya sabay subsob ng mukha nito sa mesa. Right after her class, she went straight to the student council office to see me because we have been both busy these past few days because of the approaching finals week and the events we're handling in the council.

"Do you want to take a break in the meantime? I'll invite our friends to eat somewhere. Where do you want?" I asked Anya who's now leaning her chin on her palms and elbows on top of the table.

"I think, it's better to ask Xav since he's the one who's really busy. Let's make him choose where he wants to eat para sumama siya. Is that fine with you?" Anya suggested and it made me pout. She's being so considerate of Xavier.

"Why are you so nice to him? Nagseselos ako, ah," sabi ko kay Anya sabay rolyo ng aking mga mata.

Anya just giggled then she smiled at me, giving me her charming, cute look. "I really like it when you're jealous, but you have nothing to be jealous about Xavier. Sa sobrang busy kasi niya ay hindi na siya masyadong sumasama sa atin kapag kumakain tayo sa labas. It's either that or because he doesn't like the place we're going to."

"Dahil maarte siya o baka naman ayaw niyang maging fifth wheel," pabiro kong sagot kahit na medyo naiinis ako. Nagseselos pa rin kasi ako kay Xavier, eh.

"Grabe ka kay Xav!" reklamo naman ni Anya.

"Totoo naman!"

Napailing na lamang si Anya. Para bang hindi na niya alam ang sasabihin dahil palagi ko na lamang pinagseselosan si Xavier. Tumayo ito mula sa kanyang pagkakaupo tsaka lumapit sa akin at niyakap ako mula sa likuran. Hindi ko na napigilan ang sariling mapangiti. Pakiramdam ko kasi nanalo ako sa lotto o higit pa roon. Effective rin kasi talaga kay Anya ang pag-iinarte ko.

"Wala na ngang girlfriend si Xavier, tapos ang mean mo pa sa kanya. Kita mo ngang sobrang busy na niya sa acads and pagiging student leader niya, eh. Let us let him choose where he wants to eat and hang out so he could go with us, okay? Para naman makapag-rest din siya."

She was leaning her face on the side of mine so she can have a look at my expression. Not that I'm really upset that she's being so considerate of Xavier, a bit jealous, yeah, but I love how she loves my friends and how she wants us all to stay close with each other. Well, Scarlett, Xavier, and I are relatives, anyway so it would be natural that we're all close.

"I don't know if I'm going to love or hate that you love my friends because that includes Xavier. Eh, may past nga kayo n'on." Kunwari ay nagtatampo pa rin ako kaya ginalingan ko pa ang pag-arte ko. I was not exaggerating when I said we have been busy these past few days. Na-miss ko lang siya at ang paglalambing niya sa akin.

"He was just messing with me!" Anya replied. "He was just pressured with Tita Carol who has been wanting him to have a girlfriend kaya pati ako ay pinag-trip-an niya. Tsaka ikaw lang kaya ang love ko."

I removed Anya's hands around me and faced her. I am still holding her hands and playing with them, then I looked at her eyes.

"Thank you for loving me and my friends. I may be jealous of Xavier at times—"

"Palagi kaya!"

I squeezed her hand and said, "Huwag kang magulo!" then she just giggled. "Anyway, I may be jealous of him at times, but thank you for being patient with me always and for assuring me that you love me. I really, really appreciate everything that you have been doing and I really love you."