Chapter 23

The song for this chapter is Don't Give Up On Me by Andy Grammer (Five Feet Apart OST). Follow the official playlist of Chasing Mr. Right at #CMRPlaylist on Spotify. Enjoy reading!

CHAPTER 23

IT HAS BEEN two weeks since Anya and I last spoke. She just came back from the outreach program that her parents told me about a few days ago. Tita Keira has been constantly checking on me and updating me about her daughter, asking me if we've had the chance to speak already. But I just said that we haven't yet. She even apologized to me and asked me to have some patience with Anya because she tends to forget about the world whenever she's contemplating things, which is just fine with me. I want her to have time. And besides, I am planning about something since her birthday will be in a few days from now.

"Galit pa po ba siya sa akin?" tanong ko kay Tita Keira noong tumawag siya sa akin para mangumusta.

"Mukhang hindi naman, hijo," medyo mahinang sagot ni Tita Keira. "Ewan ko ba sa batang 'to bakit hindi ka pa rin kinakausap. Siguro siya na ang nahihiya kasi ang tagal niya bago makipag-usap sa'yo. Sasabihin ko nga kay Andrei na kausapin niya ang anak namin. Alam yata kasi na mahal mo siya kaya ganito."

Bahagya akong natawa sa sinabi ng nanay ni Anya. Kay Tita Keira yata talaga siya nagmana. Mula sa kakulitan pati na rin sa paraan ng pag-iisip nito, kung paano nila pareho tanggapin na hindi perpekto ang mundo.

"No, Tita, it's fine. Hopefully, if I'll try to speak to her again, she won't run away this time. Please let her have all the time she needs. Ayoko naman pong pilitin din na makipag-usap siya sa akin kung hindi pa po siya handa."

"Huwag ka sanang mapapagod na intindihin ang anak ko, ha?"

"Never, Tita Keira. Tsaka, hindi po ba dapat ako ang humingi ng pabor na 'yan sa inyo? Ako po ang nagkamali—"

"And you're already doing everything you can to make up with that one mistake. Please, don't blame yourself anymore. We know now that you never wanted to hurt Anya."

"Thank you so much, Tita Keira. And also to Tito Andrei. Thank you for your understanding and for giving me another chance to prove myself worthy of Anya."

"You both love each other, and I want my daughter to be happy. I know this is what she's going to do as well."

Talking to Tita Keira really motivates me and gives me hope. It's like the universe is helping me get back together with Anya, and I will never waste this opportunity. This is going to be my one last shot, and if I mess this up, I know there's going to be no other chances for me.

I opened my laptop after my call with Tita Keira and browsed through Anya's blogs again. Aside from the updates I was getting from her parents, her blogs are keeping me updated as well. Since I discovered her blog site, it has been my habit to read her entries. Although she doesn't have any new entries today so I decided to read her Chasing Mr. Right Tips blog.

By chasing, I mean not the chase chase, but rather how you're going to show your love to your Mr. Right. This is what has been keeping me busy these past few days (well, aside from my studies, school org duties, etc.), I have been busy chasing my Mr. Right. I have been busy showing him my love (although he's really 'pakipot' and 'masungit' at times). So here are my tips for my fellow dream chaser! Dream chaser because who never dreamed of a Mr. Right, right? ;)

How to chase Mr. Right tip #1: Support him on his dreams. Help him even in the smallest way you can help to let him know that you got his back.