Chapter 16

The song for this chapter is Crying Over You by HONNE feat. BEKAFollow the official playlist of Chasing Mr. Right at #CMRPlaylist on Spotify. Thank you so much and enjoy reading!

CHAPTER 16

THE MOMENT I opened up the topic about us having our past relationships, I have already made up my mind that I am going to tell Anya everything about Kenzo. But after I heard her story and how she was hurt by those people who tried to use her and take advantage of her to be close to her grandmother, I can't bring myself to speak anything about Kenzo and his plans.

I don't want her to feel the same way again. I don't want her to feel that Kenzo is only using her to get to me or the other way around. Because, fuck, I'm really done with Kenzo, but if Anya will know that Kenzo just befriended her because of me, I know Anya will also keep herself away from me and I don't want that to happen.

After our kiss, we were just smiling at each other as if we were idiots. Then she pursed her lips, trying to keep her smile from showing once again. Her cheeks are flushing red and if she didn't lean her head back to my shoulder, I might have kissed her again. We remained silent for a few minutes while looking at every student who was passing us by.

"How about you?" Anya mumbled.

"If I love you? Why are you even asking?" I chuckled then she lifted her head to gaze at me.

"I already know the answer, pakipot ka lang talaga," biro sa akin ni Anya. "But what I was referring to was your past relationship. May I ask if you have any?"

Should I tell her? Of course, I should. This is my chance. My friends are right. It would be better if I open myself up to Anya.

"Meron, eh," sagot ko sa kanya. "Sure ka? Gusto mong malaman? Baka mag-selos ka?"

That was just meant to be a joke but she has taken it kind of seriously. Para itong bata na pinag-iisipang mabuti ang desisyon. Sobrang cute niya, parang sasabog ang puso ko habang pinagmamasdan ko si Anya. Parang araw-araw, kahit anong gawin niya, sobrang ganda pa rin niya sa paningin ko at araw-araw parang sasabog ang puso ko sa saya kapag nakikita ko siya.

After a few moments, she finally spoke. "They are already part of your past, and that's a part of you that I also accept. They are part of what makes you who you are, and I love you for who you are. So I accept everything about you—your flaws, your past, every fiber of who you are. No one's even perfect so who am I to judge you for your past actions and decisions? It all just comes down to how you acted after all the wrong actions and decisions you have committed. It all depends on the actions you have taken next."

This is one of those moments that she made me speechless after hearing her words of wisdom. She said no one's perfect, but can't she see herself in the mirror?

Then she narrowed her eyes and looked at me as if she's trying to threaten me with that look on her face. "Unless you're still not over them?" she said in a menacing voice.

That's when I burst into laughter. Pati tuloy mga dumadaang estudyante ay napatingin pa sa aming dalawa ni Anya.

"Silly, ayan ka na naman sa pagiging selosa mo," biro ko sa kanya. Palagi ko kasi siyang inaasar tungkol sa naging pagseselos niya noon kay Luna na sobrang kinahihiya raw niya ngayon. Palibhasa close na rin silang tatlo nina Scarlett at Luna.

"I guarantee you that I am already over them. I don't have feelings for them anymore. Although the pain that they caused me remains. Would you be mad about that? Does that make me a bad person to you?"

Because that's the truth. It's Anya that I love now, not anyone else from my past. But the pain remains.

"I think it's not just the pain that remains but the lesson you have learned from your painful experience. It will always remain, to protect you, and to keep you from being hurt for the same reason again. So it doesn't make you a bad person, Symon. I already told you. I love you for who you are. I love everything about you."