EPILOGUE

The song for this chapter is Tuesdays by Jake Scott. Follow the official playlist of Chasing Mr. Right at #CMRPlaylist on Spotify. Finally made it to the end of CMR. Enjoy reading a lengthy epilogue!

See the next part to know what to watch out for after Chasing Mr. Right. Thank you so much!

EPILOGUE

WHEN MY PHONE pinged, I knew already that it was Anya who messaged me so I just informed my friends that I will just meet my girlfriend. Well, they're too busy on their own since they are on deck for tonight's class so it's like they don't mind at all.

While running as fast as I could, so I can meet Anya as soon as possible, I was reading her text message to know where she is.

Love

5:35 PM

Love:

Sorry I'm at the parking

I still need to go back to office right away eh :(

Can we meet here na lang?

Lucky for me, the parking lot is just a few-minute walk from our building so I ran as fast as I could because we only have a limited time to see each other and I badly want to see her now. Sometimes I curse myself for choosing to go to law school, which made it harder for the both of us to meet, but Anya would always say that she doesn't mind waiting for me because she knows I'm working hard for my dream, and she always says that she supports me. Even though it means sacrificing our time together.

That's how selfless she is. I never heard her complain about my losing time for her and being totally occupied with my school works. She's always the one who goes the extra mile so that we can have time for each other. Madalas, pinupuntahan niya na lamang ako sa bahay para magkita lang kami o kaya naman ay sasamahan niya ako sa pag-aaral ko habang ginagawa rin niya ang trabaho niya. At least daw magkasama kami at wala raw namang problema kahit ganoon lamang daw muna kami. Kuntento na raw siya basta magkasama kaming dalawa.

And I can't help but feel guilty. Pakiramdam ko ay sobra-sobra na ang pagkukulang ko sa kanya.

When I have spotted her car, I quickly ran towards her car and I heard her unlocking the car doors from the inside. I immediately went to the shotgun seat of her car, and before she could even speak, I cupped her face and crashed my lips onto hers. Oh, God, how I missed her lips; how I missed her so much. Having her with me feels like all of my worries and burden were lifted. It's like I'm alive again.

"God, I miss you so much, love. I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." I told her in between the passionate kiss that we are sharing.

Anya then held me on my shoulder and gently pushed me away from her. She was looking at me; confusion written on her face. "What are you apologizing for?" she asked.

That's when I felt my eyes started to water. "Because I'm losing time for you. Believe me, love, I'm trying. It's just that..." then I sighed and looked away from her. How many times would I tell her that I'm busy in school and will try to make time for her, but end up not fulfilling that promise? "I'm sorry that I can't even make time for you. For us. And now... You must be exhausted because of the traffic, but then we only have 30 minutes to spend time with each other, despite you taking a break from work and enduring the traffic."

While I almost tear up, I heard Anya's cute giggle. Man, when was the last time I get the chance to look at her and not on my books? When was the last time I heard her cute giggles and not the lessons our terror professors discussed that I kept repeating inside my head? When was the last time I held her hand and not my pens and highlighters used for studying?