Chapter 17

Hi! This chapter is still a flashback. All parts written in Italicized form mean that they are flashbacks. Thanks!

CHAPTER 17

EVEN BEFORE I get the chance to speak again to Addie personally, we just found out that she dropped out of our school suddenly and went to the USA. It was so sudden that none of us knew, not even anyone from my family who's close to their family.

"How did it go, darling? Why do you still have the flowers you bought for Addie?" my mom asked when she saw me walked inside our house.

I tried to smile at my mom but then when I saw her, I can't stop the tears from falling once again. I saw how her beautiful face got filled with concern, then she rushed towards me and hugged me tightly. I buried my face on her shoulder and let myself cry to her.

"Oh, darling..." she mumbled with her sweet voice while caressing my hair. "You can tell me what happened. You can trust me, dear."

I lifted my head and looked at my mom. I bit my lip and said, "I'm a bisexual, mom. I confessed to Addie, then that's when we fell apart. Now she's gone, mom. She left me because I... I'm a bisexual..."

My mom pulled me into an embrace and hugged me even tighter. "We're here, darling. We won't leave you, okay? Please don't be mad with Addie. I know this is also hard for her. But we're just here, we will never leave you..."

She pulled away from our hug and she cupped my face fondly. My mom smiled and said, "I love you, anak. Bisexual or not, whatever your gender is, whoever you decide to be and whoever you want to be with, we will just support you. For as long as you're happy, nothing else matters to me. Okay?" then she tiptoed and kissed me on my forehead, before embracing me once again.

"DAD, I WANT to tell you something..." I started.

My mom held my hand and gave me a reassuring smile. She nodded at me as if telling me that it's fine, they will understand.

"What is it? Don't tell us you're going to marry Addie na, ah? You're too young for that pa," my brother, Kuya Sandro, joked.

Hearing her name still makes my heart hurt, but I am already accepting the fact that we are already over. Even though I know how much our families wanted us for each other, we should really just accept the fact that things won't always go on our way and it's okay.

"We have already broken up, actually," I told them which surprised both my dad and Kuya Sandro.

"That's really surprising..." Kuya Sandro commented after a few moments that he seemed to be lost for words. "I don't get it. You were so in love... that I literally never thought you two would ever break up."

"Are you okay, son? We know how much you loved each other..." my father asked, reaching out his hand to my shoulder.

"Yes, dad. Thanks for the concern. But apart from that, I have something else to tell you. Perhaps, the possible reason why we broke up."

Sabay na tumango si Kuya Sandro at si Dad. They don't want to interrupt me until I have already told them what I need to say so I didn't waste more time.

"I'm a bisexual..."

"Son... you're what?"

"Bisexual po, Dad. I get attracted to both girls and boys. I told Addie about this, but I think it's hard for her to accept the truth and I understand her for that. If I ever disappoint you all, I am so sorry. But I don't want to hide anything from you."