Chapter 7

The song for this chapter is Scary Love by The NeighbourhoodFollow the official playlist of Chasing Mr. Right at #CMRPlaylist on Spotify. Thank you so much and enjoy reading!

CHAPTER 7

"WHAT'S WITH THAT girl? You kept on looking at her." Scarlett asked making me glance back to her.

I just shook my head and fixed my attention on the computer in front of me, encoding students' information and helping them with their inquiry and concerns about the enrolment since today is the last day of enrolment.

Kasama ko rin ngayon si Scarlett na mukhang bored na bored na sa bahay kaya napagpasyahan na lamang na puntahan kami ni Xavier sa school. Luna, her girlfriend, went back to their province to spend the last week of school break there. It was just surprising that Scarlett stayed with us rather than going with her girl since she's always around her girl. What Luna wants, Scarlett gives, and where Luna is, Scarlett will always be there, too.

"You're already done with the enrolment, right? Then why you're still here and you're not with Luna?" I asked her instead, ignoring her inquiry about Anya who is also here and volunteered to help us assist students.

"I just thought I can wait for the two of you to finish your duties in school before going to their place. We can go back there altogether. Besides, you promised Tita Lia and her family that you will spend the last week of school break there. You and Xavier seem to be their new favorites so Luna told me to make sure that you won't bail out because of your duties." Scarlett said.

"Nah, of course not. We won't ditch our new family."

Ever since Luna and Scarlett became together, it's like our families just merged into a one, big family. Kahit na isang buwan pa lamang naman silang dalawa, napakainit na kaagad ng pagtanggap ng buong pamilya nina Scarlett at Luna sa isa't isa. Sobrang saya ko para sa kanila at s'yempre dahil na rin lumaki ang pamilya namin. But I can't help but wish that Lance is also here with us. He deserves to be happy and to experience what we are experiencing, too.

"So what's up with the school president's daughter? You keep on eyeing her. Is there something going on?"

Napabuntong-hininga na lamang ako. Scarlett won't let this go easily especially when she sees and feels that something's bothering me. She's a bitch, yeah, but she's somehow protective of me, and I really like that side of hers.

"Do you know someone who can trace a phone number?" I asked her.

"You can just ask your dad or your brother to use their connections to trace a phone number. So why are you asking me instead?" nakataas ang kilay na tanong ni Scarlett.

"I don't want them to know about this," I answered.

"About what? Is there someone sending you threat messages or harassing you?" Rinig na rinig ko na ngayon sa boses ni Scarlett ang pag-aalala.

'No, not really," I mumbled. "It just bothers me. I... I thought the person I was texting with is someone I know, but I don't know anymore."

Kumunot ang noo ni Scarlett dahil sa aking sinabi kaya napagpasyahan kong ipakita sa kanya ang naging pag-uusap namin ng taong inakala ko ay si Anya.

"And you thought this was the school president's daughter? Wait, is there something going on with the two of you?" she asked then glanced at Anya when she finished reading my and the stranger's conversation.

"Her name's Anya, and nothing's going on between the two of us," I said then I also looked at Anya. The moment I looked at her was the same moment she looked at me, meeting my gaze. Her face automatically lit up and she gave me a very happy smile.