Chapter 22

The song for this chapter is hold on by flor. Follow the official playlist of Chasing Mr. Right at #CMRPlaylist on Spotify. Enjoy reading!

CHAPTER 22

I HAVE BEEN trying to reach Anya but to no avail. She had never responded to any of my text messages since last week, and it's killing me inside. But of course, I understand her. She needed space. She needed time for herself. But what if she never wants me anymore?

I shook my head. I don't want to entertain any negative thoughts. I already told myself that I'm done being scared. If I'm going to fill my head with negative thoughts, I would be scared and I would never get to face Anya again. I have to hear it from her first. If she doesn't want me anymore, I have to hear it from her, and not from me—not from the negative thoughts I was thinking.

"You okay, Sy?" Caleb asked, snapping me out from my reverie.

"No," I honestly replied.

"You know, it's finals week. She might have been focusing on her exams and she wants you to focus on yours as well. I don't really know Anya as well as you do, but she is one of the most logical people I have known. You have been through something like this before—not as worse, though, and you said she took her time. So maybe, she's doing the same thing now."

Somehow, Caleb's words put my mind at ease. I looked back at that moment when I told Anya to think about wanting me as her boyfriend. She disappeared on me for a week because she told me she wanted to know more about me first before asking. And when she came back to me... Damn, she came back to me after all. I just have to do my best for her, and have faith in her. She's going to come back, I know.

I did what I have to do that week. I focused on our finals exam. I even studied hard so I could ace our finals so when Anya and I get to talk, I can proudly tell her that I did well so she could be proud of me again.

Anya really has her way to avoid me that I have never seen her since last week. But before the exams started, I texted her good luck on her exams. She replied the same thing, and it's enough to keep the fire of hope burning in my soul. But after that, I didn't hear anything from her again.

After the exams, I thought I'd be able to talk to Anya but she never texted me back again. This made me more frustrated. Not hearing from her makes me want to think of certain things that I have feared and that I have been trying to brush off my mind. But I already made up my mind. I'm done being afraid. Although I would always be afraid of losing Anya, until she straight up tells me that she wants to end our relationship, I have nothing to worry about... Right?

"I'M DONE WAITING..." I packed my things up and I can feel my friends' eyes were on me.

"What do you mean by you're done? You don't want her anymore or..." I immediately cut Scarlett's words off and shot her a glare.

"I'm done waiting for Anya to come to me for us to talk things out! What the hell's with your question?!"

I can't help but be mad. Ganoon na lang ba ang tingin niya sa pagmamahal ko kay Anya? Na porket may away kaming dalawa ay ayoko na sa kanya? Scarlett should have known better! Besides, I was the one who's at fault here. It should be me reaching out to her; pursuing her until she's ready to talk to me. Kung dadaanin ko lang sa paghihintay sa mga text at tawag niya, lalo lang kaming hindi makakapag-usap.

"Chill, Sy, we just want to know what you're going to do now," Xavier chimed in. "Because if she's not returning your calls and texts, then maybe she's not yet really ready to face you?"