Chapter 13

The song for this chapter is Open Your Eyes by Snow PatrolFollow the official playlist of Chasing Mr. Right at #CMRPlaylist on Spotify. Thank you so much and enjoy reading!

CHAPTER 13

"OH, NASAAN NA siya? Ngayon lang ako may free time tapos sinayang lang niya?"

Hindi ko mapigilan ang sariling mainis lalo na kapag 'yung Kenzo na 'yon ang pinag-uusapan. Although I admit that most of the time I was the one bringing up the topic about him, I still can't help it! Hindi talaga ako mapanatag hanggang hindi ko pa siya nakikilala. Isa pa, ilang beses na rin silang nagkakasama ni Anya na silang dalawa lang. Hindi ko naman mapagbawalan si Anya dahil una, wala pa akong karapatan, at pangalawa, kaibigan pa rin niya ang taong 'yon.

"May group meeting daw sila, eh," malungkot na sabi sa akin ni Anya matapos basahin ang text marahil sa kanya ni Kenzo.

"Huh! Wala naman pala 'yang isang 'yan, eh," mayabang kong komento.

"Why do you want to meet him so bad?" Kunot-noong tanong ni Anya. Bahagya pa itong nakalabi at kitang-kita sa mukha nito ang pagtataka.

Umiwas na ako ng tingin. Ayaw lang sabihin ni Anya pero alam kong ayaw niya sa kung anuman ang binabalak ko. But I am just planning to tell the guy to back off from Anya. I trust Anya, pero ayoko lang maagawan. Ayoko na.

"May masama siyang balak sa'yo," mahina kong sagot sa kanya.

"How did you know that?" She asked softly as if she's trying to weigh things for me and Kenzo.

Proof is better than argument, Symon, I reminded myself. But I do not have any solid evidence to prove my claim, just based on my hunch, and of course, I can't tell her that. Bakit ba kasi pagkarinig ko ng pangalan niya parang red flag na kaagad 'yon para sa akin? Was it just me being so possessive of Anya or something's really off here?

"I just don't trust the guy," I replied to her.

Anya smiled awkwardly. "But he is my friend. Don't you trust me?"

I sighed heavily. "Not that I don't trust you, Anya. It's your friend that I don't trust."

"You want me to stay away from him," she said as if she has concluded what I was trying to say, but can't directly tell her. "Sy, he is a good friend of mine. You have your friends as well and I am fine with them."

"So just because you are okay with them, I should be fine with your friends even when I am not? 'Yun ba kaya okay ka lang nang okay kapag tungkol sa kaibigan ang sinasabi ko? Dahil gusto mong ganoon din ang gawin ko sa'yo? You are forcing me with what you want, Anya, and it's not fine."

I tried my best to stay as calm as possible and not to let anger gets the best in me. I don't really know if Anya was not really the type of person who gets jealous easily or she's just trying to ignore and shrug that feeling off of her.

"You are doing the same thing, Symon."

Not that I hate her for talking back, but it hurts me. Pakiramdam ko pinagtatanggol niya pa si Kenzo. Bakit hindi niya ako paniwalaan?

"I-I'm sorry. It's just that, Kenzo is just really a friend to me. Nothing else. I hope you could trust me." Her expression softened, but it couldn't take away the pain I am feeling in my heart.

"If you are not okay with my friends or anyone I hang out with, you can tell me anytime, and we could figure things out. You do not have to force yourself to be okay with something if you are really not. I'm willing to meet with you halfway about everything until we have settled for the best thing for us without losing other people we love."