Chapter 25.5

CHAPTER 25.5

"LOVE, I HAVE one more thing that I wanted to do for my birthday. Is it okay?"

"Of course, Anya. What is it, love?"

"I want to speak with Kenzo if that would be fine with you?"

I stopped on my tracks causing Anya to stop as well. I squeezed her hand gently before intertwining our fingers and looking at her intently.

"Are you sure?" I asked and she nodded. "Are you ready?"

"Yes," she simply replied. "How about you, Sy? Have you already spoken with him yet?"

I gave her a small smile then nodded in response. She was just looking at me, waiting for the things that I would say.

"We have somehow spoken the same day that incident happened. And I think that was already our closure. He said that he knows he's already over me, but can't accept that fact because it makes him clueless about what's going to happen for him next. So, he convinced himself that it's still me. Even though it's not me for him anymore." I shot a meaningful stare towards Anya. Although I am not sure if she understood what I meant. Whether she has an idea that for Kenzo, it's not me anymore but Anya.

"Now, if you're sure and ready to speak with him, it's absolutely fine with me, of course. It's your decision to make. After all, Kenzo is your friend, and I know it will break your heart if you are going to lose your friend. Besides, I also promised him that once things are already settled between the two of us, I will help him speak with you."

Anya smiled widely then hugged me tight and whispered to my ear, "Thank you so much, love."

"You're welcome," I replied, caressing her cheek when we pulled away from our hug. "Go on and text him. Tell him that you're ready to meet with him already."

She just nodded at me and took her phone. She started tapping on the screen, probably texting Kenzo already. It didn't take us a minute when Anya received a response.

"He replied already!" Anya exclaimed then showed her phone to me.

Kenzo

11:32 AM

Anya:

Hello, Kenzo. I'm sorry for ignoring your messages. But would you be available to meet? I want to talk.

Kenzo:

Please don't apologize. I totally understand and yes, I am available to meet with you. Thank you for giving me the chance to finally talk with you.

Where would you like us to meet?

Anya:

At Rosie's? I miss us hanging out there. You better treat me, okay? :P

Kenzo:

Absolutely!

Our usual hangout time?

Anya:

Yes :) see you!

Kenzo:

Can't wait. See you, Anya.

I nodded at Anya who seems hopeful and happier now. This is for their closure.

"HI, ANYA. HI, Symon," Kenzo greeted us upon arriving at Rosie's. He seems to be already there prior to our arrival so I am actually wondering, how long has he been waiting?