Chapter 18

The following morning, Quinton woke up and looked at Kamari who was sleeping peacefully. They didn't do anything last night, they just went straight to sleep once they got to his apartment.

Quinton sat on the edge of the bed. He was horny and wished something could've happened with Kamari but he was trying to be patient with her.

As Quinton sat there for a moment, Kamari slowly opened her eyes. She saw him just sitting there, as if he was thinking about something.

"You okay?", Kamari asked.

Quinton snapped out of it. "Yea", he replied.

Kamari laid on her back.

"I looked like you had fun at your party last night", Kamari said.

"Yes and thank you. I guess I needed that", he said.

Kamari looked at him again. "Thank you for being patient with me", she said.

Quinton looked forward. "Why wouldn't I?", Quinton said.

"Because mostly guys wouldn't be", Kamari said.

"Yea but I know the relationship you coming from and I respect you", he said.

Kamari gets up and comes behind him and massages his shoulders.

"And that's why it will come sooner than you think", she said. "I know you may be feeling a certain way but trust me I'm feeling the same way. So I'm not trying to play with you or torture you. I just don't wanna give myself up to just anybody"

Quinton closes his eyes because the massage she was giving him felt good.

After a while, Kamari stopped and got out of the bed.

"You about to go?", he asked.

"Yea. I'm featuring in another song and I gotta have it sent by tomorrow afternoon", she said. "I'm going to by apartment and wash up, eat, then to the studio"

Quinton nods. "Alright", he replied.

Kamari kissed his cheek. "See you later", she said.

"Bye", he said.

Kamari walked out.

Quinton sighed. "I thought I'd never have to do this shit again", Quinton said as he got up and grabbed a bottle of lotion.

————

One Month Later...

Kamari didn't really confront Symone about whether or not she was trying to mess with Quinton's and her's relationship. She just stopped talking to her and hanging around her as much. Kamari wasn't scary, but at the same time she didn't wanna be the topic of conversation about having beef with Symone over Quinton. She wanted to play things smart.

Quinton was hovering over Kamari as they were kissing. Quinton started kissing her neck.

"Quinton?", she said softly.

"Huh", he replied as he kissed the other side of her neck.

Kamari stopped him and he looked at her.

"...not now?", he asked.

"I'm sorry", Karmari said.

Quinton got off of her and sat on the edge of the bed.

"It's cool, I gotta record a song anyway". Quinton said as he grabbed his shirt.

Kamari felt bad and changed the subject. "How do you think I'd be as a actress?", Kamari asked.

"The question is can you act?", Quinton asked.

"I guess that's what classes are for", Kamari replied.

"I guess so. But I think you'd be great in anything you do bae", Quinton said before he kissed her.

Kamari smiled

"But let me go", he said. "I will see you tonight"

"Okay. Good luck", Kamari said.

"Thanks. Bye", Quinton said.

"Bye", Kamari said as she walked him to the door.

"Be good and safe", Quinton said.

Kamari kissed him and Quinton kissed back before he left. Kamari shut the door and locked it and sighed.

Once Quinton got to the studio, he saw Symone. She didn't notice him though. She was talking to someone.

He had been trying his best to avoid her but it seemed like she was everywhere.

Quinton walked into the studio booth and listened to the part of the song that was already recorded by the other artist so that he could do his verse. After a couple of minutes he realized that he had to use the bathroom so he walked back out to go the restroom. That's when Symone stopped him.

Quinton walked into the restroom and used the bathroom and washed his hands. He walked back to the studio room and saw symone sitting inside.

Quinton sucked his teeth.

Symone looked at him.

"Is that a way you should treat a person who is wanting to have you featured in her song?", Symone asked. "I mean really what did I do to you?"

"You lied on me. That's what", Quinton said.

"Hmm so you told Karmari that I lied about what I told her at your party and that's why she had been so distant?", Symone asked. "I rather he be real with me than be fake"

"She isn't fake, she just don't have shit to say to you",  Quinton said.

"She could've at least asked me if I was lying. I mean I don't understand why I would lie. I was just looking out for her", Symone said. "Or maybe she just using you"

"Listen, I got shit to do so can you go?", Quinton asked.

Symone stood up and walked up to him.

"I mean just think about it, you guys are the topic of the media right now. That's not only giving you clout but her clout too. She's smart if you ask me", Symone said.

Quinton shook his head and walked passed her.

"Such a shame how things turn out to be. Think you found someone and then boom. They're just as selfish as you", Symone said.

"What are you talking about", Quinton asked.

"You know", Symone said.

Quinton didn't say anything, he just look at her.

"Can't wait to hear the new song. Bye", Symone said with a smile before she walked out of the studio.

Quinton shook his head and sat down as he waited for the music producer.

TO BE CONTINUED...