Chapter 45

The following day, Kamari left the hospital. Quinton and her brothers did stop by to check up on her but she didn't tell any of them she was pregnant. She didn't even tell Hope or Faith yet.

"Do you need me to get you anything before I leave?", her mom asked.

"No I'm fine", Kamari replied as she laid on the couch.

"Okay. Just call me if you need me. Or call the boys or your boyfriend. Also, stop stressing yourself out", her mom said.

Kamari started to get a call from Quinton.

"Keep resting. I'll call you later", her mom said. "And eat!"

"Alright, mom. Bye", Kamari said.

Her mom left.

Kamari answered the phone call.

"Hello?", Kamari said.

"Hey. How are feeling?", Quinton asked.

"...honestly, not good", Kamari said.

"What's wrong?", Quinton said.

Kamari sat up and sighed. She started to get a little emotional and some tears fell from her eyes.

"I'm- I'm scared", Kamari said.

"...of me? Mari I told you I-"

"No. Of this baby growing inside of me", Kamari said as her voice began cracking.

Quinton was silent over the phone.

"I'm almost two years into my career. I'm just getting started and I don't wanna end it before it does", Kamari said.

Quinton still wasn't saying anything.

"Hello?", Kamari said.

"I'm here", Quinton replied. "Sorry I was just stuck on the fact that you said you were... were pregnant"

Kamari wiped her tears.

"Look, I'm coming over. I just- why didn't you tell me this yesterday?", Quinton asked.

"I was scared", Kamari said.

"Were you scared or did you just not want to tell me?", Quinton asked.

"Nobody knows except for my mother so you ain't the only one that didn't know right away", Kamari said.

"...I'm coming over okay?", Quinton said.

"...alright", Kamari replied.

When Quinton came over, Kamari and him talked about their relationship moving forward. Quinton suggested that staying together would be what's best for the baby. Not only that but he promised to stop overthinking everything. Kamari was stressed at the moment about work and the baby, so she didn't really sit and think about his proposal. She was also thinking about how she wanted her kid or kids to be by the man she'd be with for the rest of her life. She also wanted to be married first before kids but of course things don't always go as planned. But she did agree on getting back together for those reasons. Other reasons was that she loved Quinton and believed that he loved her too. The connection that they had were so strong that she felt like she couldn't find that with anyone else. Yes, he's working on his demons, but at the end of the day he was trying. Kamari sometimes hated it the fact that she gave people so many chances.

———

THREE WEEKS LATER

Kamari still didn't tell anyone about her being pregnant. Only her mom and Quinton knew. She didn't mind telling her brothers, but she was a little nervous to tell Hope and Faith. But Faith does know that her and Quinton are still together and she was fine about it because she chose to trust Kamari's judgment.