Chapter 21

The following night, Faith and Hope came over to Kamari's apartment.

"Who would've know that all I need was some sex to get my mind right", Kamari said as she sat in one of the chairs with some wine in her hand.

"Girl, I don't see how you did it. I can't go a 3 weeks. Let alone over two months", Faith said.

"Yo hoe ass probably can't even go 1 damn week", Hope said.

"Shut up", Faith said.

"And Q seems less..", Hope said as she couldn't think of the word.

"Less uptight?", Faith asked.

"Yea he was starting to get a little agitated with other people", Kamari said.

"A little? He almost cussed me out yesterday", Faith said.

"He just thought that you were like symone or something", Kamari said.

"Hell, I was the one that talked you into dating him. He should be thanking me", Faith said. "But it don't matter. We cool again. He was just acting like that cause he wasn't getting no play"

Kamari chuckled.

Suddenly, it was a knock at the door.

"I wonder who that is", Kamari said as she got up and walked to the door and opened it. It was Quinton.

"Oh, hey Q", Kamari said.

"Hey!", Hope and Faith said at the same time.

Quinton looked passed her and saw hope and Faith.

"What's up y'all", Quinton replied.

"So, what you doing here?", Kamari said.

"I was coming from the studio and you know I pass your house on the way home and we didn't really talk today so I just thought to sneak up on you", Quinton said. "But I see you're busy"

Kamari smiled. "Yea, we're just gossiping and stuff", she said.

"Well I'll let y'all get to that", Quinton said as he held her hands. "I'll talk to you later"

Quinton looked at the bracelet.

"Alright, talk to you later", Kamari said

Quinton flipped her hand over to look at the other side of the bracelet.

"You okay?", she asked.

"How would you feel like I wore something my ex brought me, every single day?", Quinton asked.

Kamari looked at him for a moment.

"Hello?", he said.

"I'll stop wearing then", she said. "If you don't like it, I'll stop wearing. But I don't wear it because he gave it to me"

"But he gave it to you", Quinton said. "That's all I know...and he's being petty about it"

Kamari took it off. "Happy?", she asked.

"I don't mean any harm, Mari", he said.

"I know", she said as she smiled slightly. "I get it"

Quinton looks down for a moment then lifts his head back up and kissed her.

"I love you", Quinton said.

"...you love me?", Kamari asked.

Quinton made a face as if he was thinking about something and snapped out of it.

"I- I wasn't supposed to say", Quinton said.

Kamari got quiet.

"I'm sorry. Forget I said it", Quinton said.

Quinton meant what he said, but he didn't mean to say it. He felt it was too early. He also knew that it was probably too early for her and he didn't wanna run her off.

"I'll talk to you later?", he said.

"Um, yea. Yea, I'll talk to you later", she said.

Quinton walked away.

Kamari watched him for a moment then she shut the door.

"You okay?", Hope asked.

"...yea, I'm fine", Kamari said as she walked back to the chair she was sitting in.

"Look like you saw a ghost", Faith said.

Kamari fake chuckled as she put her bracelet on the table.

"I've been meaning to ask you when did you start wear charm bracelets?", Hope asked.

"Malik brought that for my birthdays", Kamari replied.

"And you've been wearing it?", Faith asked.

"No because he gave it to me but because it has meaning to it. You guys wouldn't understand", Kamari said. "But the meaning isn't about him, it's about my dad"

Hope looked down.

"Well, when you put it like that", Faith said.

"...is it still wrong even though I'm in a relationship?", Kamari asked.

"Kinda", Faith said. "But at the same time I understand"

"...Quinton said the same", Kamari said. "I'm just not going to wear it"

"I guess that's up to you", Hope said.

Kamari sighed.

"Quinton just told me he loved me", Kamari blurted out.

Hope and Faith's eyes got wide.

"Already??? Damn, pussy got some power", Faith said jokingly.

Hope started laughing.

"This isn't funny, guys and you also have to think about it like this. We've known each other and have been getting to know each other for the last 8 or 9 months. He has liked me since day one", Kamari said. "I guess those feelings grew deeper the past two months since we started dating"

"True", Faith said.

"But you say it like it's a bad thing", Hope said.

"It isn't...it's just that I don't know if I feel the same and then he took it back", Kamari said. "Like he didn't mean to say it. So I don't even know if he meant it"

"Or maybe because you didn't say it back he felt embarrassed", Hope said.

"Or maybe he knew you probably didn't feel that way yet", Faith said.

"At the end of the day if he meant it, it's still going to feel awkward around him", Kamari said.

"I think you're over thinking it", Faith said. "Let's just change the subject. Girl, everything is going to be fine"

"Okay", Kamari said with a sigh.

They continued to talk about different things for the rest of the night as they drank.

TO BE CONTINUED....