Chapter 2

The following day, was Kamari's event. It was currently a few hours before it started so she was at her friend's house getting her make up down. her name is Ciara.

CIARA JOHNSON

Ciara is a friend of Kamari

"Girl, you gone let me be your makeup artist when you her famous?", Ciara asked.

"Duh. You the best one I know", Kamari said with her eyes closed as Ciara applied her makeup.

"I know that's right", Ciara said. "...so how are you and Malik doing?"

"We're doing good. I mean like I think something is up with him.

Ciara cleared her throat.

"You okay?", Kamari asked.

"Yea. I'm good", Ciara said.

"...but I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing. I mean maybe I'm just trippin after what happened before", Kamari said.

"Girl, you just trippin probably", Ciara said. "After what he did, he been begging for your forgiveness. I mean like I hope he ain't let all that begging go to waste"

"And my time", Kamari said.

"Exactly because it's precious and you don't have it to waste", Ciara said.

"Exactly...I just wish I know why I was feeling this way ya know... I mean...never mind", Kamari said.

Ciara continued to do her makeup. "Girl, you have a show tonight. I mean depending on how you feel and what song you're going to sing, put those feelings in your music or put that to the side. Just as long as you let those people know who's about to walk on that stage", Ciara said.

"As always", Kamari said.

***side note: all the music in this book will be made by someone else in real life but for story purposes, the songs Kamari sings are the songs Kamari writes. I will put the name and the real artist of the song  in the book so you know what she's singing. Now back to the story. ***

A few hours later, it was time for Kamari to go on stage. It was club that everybody went to, so Kamari was nervous. Right now she was back stage trying to keep herself calm. That's when they were announcing her on stage.

"Now it's time to slow things down a little bit with our next artist. Everybody give a round of applause for Kamari", the announcer said.

Kamari walked outside and that's when she saw everybody looking at her. She saw her brothers in the audience but she didn't see Malik, but then again it was a lot of people so it was going to be hard to stop him out.

Kamari got to the microphone.

"Hey, how's everybody doing tonight?", Kamari asked. "Let me hear some noise, I know this better be a hype crowd"