Chapter 43

Later that afternoon, Kamari went to Faith's house. So she knocked on the door and waited for Faith to open it.

As she waited, Quinton called her phone. She silenced her phone and let it ring.

Faith opened the door.

"What's up?", Kamari asked.

"Hey", Faith said.

"Can I come in?", Kamari asked.

"Sure", Faith said.

Kamari walked into her apartment and sat down. Faith same next to her.

"What's up?", Faith asked.

"I just wanna say that I'm sorry for not seeing where you were coming from. I didn't know how sensitive that topic was for you", Kamari said.

"I'm not mad you Mari. I just don't want things to go down the way I think it may go down and I can't help", Faith said.

"How would you not be able to help me? What helps me is being there for me. Having support is what matters in a moment like that but that moment won't happen", Kamari said.

Faith looked down.

"I'm breaking up with him", Kamari said.

Faith looked at her.

"You sure? I mean like I was going it as a fact that he'd put his hands on you. I was just saying be careful but it just seemed like you were brushing me off. Like I was overreacting", Faith said.

"Yea. I mean like I'm sure", Kamari said. "I really like Q. A lot. He means a lot to me, but I don't think I can be with him"

"What happened?", Faith asked.

"I just can't deal with his jealous ways right now", Kamari said. "It's too much for me"

Faith nods.

Kamari felt and heard her phone vibrating.

Faith looked at her phone.

Kamari pulled her phone out and it was Quinton again. She put her phone face down and looked at Faith.

"But whats up with you?", Kamari asked.

"...you aren't going to answer that?", Faith asked.

"Nah. I'm talking to you right now", Kamari said.

Faith nods. "Well...I've been fine", she replied.

Kamari and Faith continued to talk up until Kamari decided to leave. After leaving Faith's house, she still didn't wanna go to her apartment so she went to go see Parker. She just didn't wanna run into Quinton at the moment.

When Kamari got to Parker's apartment she saw Xavier walking to his car.

"Hey", Kamari said.

Xavier looked at her.

"Girl, where you been?", Xavier asked. "We've been calling you none stop"

"My phone died", Kamari said. Her phone didn't really die. She just turned it off.

"Charge it", he said as he walked to her. "Your boyfriend came over to Parker's house looking for you. It's been hours"

"I'm sorry but I'm fine", Kamari said.

"You better call mama too cause she's worried sick about you", he said.

Kamari sighed.

"Y'all really called her?", Kamari asked.

"Well we were lookin for you", he replied.

Quinton came outside and saw Kamari.

"I gotta get to work. I'm late", Xavier said. "Next time charge your phone Iight. I can't have my little sister missing and shit"

Kamari rolled her eyes.

Xavier walked to his car.

Quinton walked to Kamari.

"It better be a good excuse as to why I couldn't get in contact with you, and why I don't have your apartment key", he said.

Kamari looked to the side.

"Talk", Quinton said.

"I wanna break up", Kamari mumbled.

"Didn't I tell you before that I ain't going nowhere and you ain't going nowhere?", Quinton asked.

"You don't dictate where I go", Kamari said. "If I wanna break up that's what I'm going to do"

"Last time I gave you enough time to get your mind together. Gather your thoughts and have some you time. We need to do that again?", Quinton asked.

"Quinton, I'm not asking for a break. I'm asking to end this okay?", Kamari said. "I would hate to have to bring my brothers into this"

"Fuck your brothers. I don't give a fuck about them", Quinton said.

Kamari clenched her jaw as she held her anger back.

"I love you alright. I told you that I fucked up. I was wrong", Quinton said.

"Quinton it's not just about last night alright! It's about everything before that! You get mad about little shit. Yet, when you fucked symone I was supposed to be okay with that?", Kamari asked.

"We were together", Quinton said.

"Yet, if I would've fucked somebody else during that time it would be a problem?", Kamari said.

"You chose to be okay with that. I ain't force you", Quinton said.

"My point is that you're a hypocrite", Kamari said. "I just...you don't understand how I've been feeling lately about me. I'm scared. I shouldn't be scared in a relationship Q"

"You're right. So let me change that", Quinton said.

"No. I don't wanna change anything. I just wanna be alone", Kamari said. "I don't wanna be with anyone. I wanna be single and focus on my music"

Quinton shook his head.

"You're not single, that's all I'm saying Mari", Quinton said.

"Too bad that you think that", Kamari said.

Parker started walking outside.

"Mari, what the hell?", Parker said.

"I'm sorry Parker. My phone was dead", Kamari said.

"We'll keep it charged next time. Damn", Parker said.

"Alright. I already had a lecture from Xavier. I don't need another", Kamari said.

Parker rolled his eyes.

"I gotta go", Parker said as he walked to his car.

Kamari looked at Quinton.

"I'll meet you at your house. So we can talk about this. Let's not make any decisions that we'll regret", Quinton said.

"You think that I'll regret breaking up with you?", Kamari asked.

"Let's be real. I'm good to you and you know it", Quinton said.

"Yet this relationship isn't healthy", Kamari said.

"Let's just talk about it alright?", Quinton said.

Kamari stared at him.

"I'll meet you there. Get in your car. Come on", he said.

Kamari rolled her eyes and got into her car and Quinton got into his.

TO BE CONTINUED....