Chapter 11

After lunch, Kamari went back to recording her song. Once she was done, she decided to go to her apartment and catch up on sleep.

When she crawled into bed, she got a text message.

MESSAGE:
Malik: What's up Mari? I was just checking up on you and seeing how you were doing?

Kamari read the message and texted back.

MESSAGE:
Kamari: Hey, I'm fine. Hbu?

Kamari put her phone face down but got a phone call soon after. She picked it up and it was Malik. She sighed because she didn't know he was going to call her. She was trying to get over him so she didn't want to answer the phone but at the same time she did want to. Besides, he did give her some space this time so why not answer it.

Kamari answered the phone.

"Hello?", Kamari said as she laid back.

"Hey. I'm not interrupting nothing am I?", Malik asked.

"I guess not. Just chilling really", Kamari said.

"Chillin huh? How about this. How about we go somewhere tonight?", Malik asked. "It's this new restaurant I've been wanting to try and I thought about you because we usually try new restaurants together"

"Umm..I kinda already got ready for bed", Kamari said.

"Oh. Well I can just bring the food to you. If that's alright or did you eat already?", he asked. 

"...sure. What do they sell?", she asked.

"I'll send you the menu. Just text me what you want and your address", he said.

"...okay", Kamari replied.

"Alright, see you", Malik said before he hung up.

Kamari put her phone down.

This was Malik's way of easing back in. She knew that but she told herself she wasn't going to take him and that's what she planned on doing. She didn't eat dinner, so why not get a free meal.

——

When Malik put there, Kamari laid a black on the floor and pillows for them to sit on as they watch a movie and ate.

Kamari laughed at a scene in the movie and started coughing.

"You good?", Malik asked as he hit her back.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. My drink went down the wrong pipe", she said as she cleared her throat. "I'm fine"

Malik smile. "Better be careful?", he said.

"Yea. I see that know", she replied with a chuckle.

Malik continued to look at Kamari while she looked out the TV. Kamari felt him looking at her and looked at him.

"Yes Malik?", she said.

"Nothing. I just...I was just admiring you that's all", he said before he looked at the TV and drunk from
his cup.

Kamari smirked a little before she looked back at the screen.

"You done? I'm going to go throw this trash away", Malik said.

"Yes. I'm finished", she replied.

Malik picked up trash and threw it away. When he sat back down, he sat a little closer to her.