Chapter 28

While Kamari was in her apartment feeding some food and watching tv, she got a text message from Malik.

💬Malik: You didn't have to get your boy to come threaten me. If you changed your mind, all you had to do was say that.

💬Kamari: Wait, he came to the hospital?

💬Malik: Yea.

💬Malik: I didn't think I did anything wrong but iight.

💬Kamari: i didn't tell him to do that and I'm sorry he did that.

💬Malik: look, I'm not trying to start anything with you and him but you need to be careful. I heard some shit

💬Kamari: alright

Kamari just responded with "alright" because she felt like he was trying to get into her head and say false things. She just stopped texting him after that.

She sat there for a moment and thought to herself. She didn't realize it until she talked to Malik that in the hospital but she still felt that weakness for him. She didn't know why and she didn't want to but she did. She thought she was fully over him but wasn't. She thought that because she rarely saw him and you know the saying, out of sight out of mind. She really like Quinton and she didn't want to mess that up. She thought that maybe Quinton was right. Maybe she was just scared of a new relationship and she just found an excuse to end it. But if she was right about him being controlling due to his jealousy trait then Malik was seriously trying to tell her something.

Kamari put her food down and turned the tv off. She got up to put her food in the refrigerator when she heard a knock at the door.

Kamari walked to the door and opened it. It was who she expected it to be.

Quinton looked at her hand and saw a that she was eating. He brought food for the both of them.

"Oh. You're already eating", he said. "I brought us some food but I guess you can just save it for later"

Quinton walked into the apartment and Kamari stayed at the door with the door open. She didn't turn to look at him.

"Quinton, you need to go", Kamari said.

Quinton heard her but he still sat down.

"You still mad at me from last night I see", he said as he started talking his food out.

Kamari looked back at him.

"No...you just proved to me that I was right about what I said", Kamari said. "...you went to the hospital and threatened him? What did you say?"

"So you want me to go because of something I did or said to your ex?", Quinton asked. "When I'm supposed to your boyfriend?"

"What did you say?", Kamari asked.

"I said what need to be said. He needs to stay away from you before I take matters into my own hands", Quinton said.

Kamari shook her head.

"Look, I gotta do what I gotta do alright? Besides, he was up to something and you would know that if you heard what he was saying. He was trying to fuck me up by saying stuff like you're still into him", Quinton said.

Kamari looked down.

"...you aren't right?", Quinton asked. "Because that's what you told me the other day"

"...I thought I wasn't but-"

Quinton got up and Kamari stopped talking.

"Fuck this shit. I'm done...like I told you before, if it was between me and him, you'd chose him and that's exactly what you're doing now", Quinton said.

"I'm not choosing him", Kamari said.

"You're defending him and that's enough for me to know what's up", Quinton said.

"You threatened his life. That's wrong and over board", Kamari said.

"I don't care if I took his life. You supposed to stand by me. Not his bitch ass", Quinton said. "But it's cool though. I'll go"

Quinton started putting his food back in his bag and walked to the door.

"You wanna break up. We'll do that. But if you go back to him and realize that you made a mistake or whatever, then don't come back to me", Quinton said.

Kamari just looked at him.

Quinton walked out.

Kamari shut the door and locked it. She then stood against the door and teared up a little bit. She wiped her tears and then walked to the kitchen to put her food up.

TO BE CONTINUED...