Chapter 25

When it was time to see Parker, only two could come in at a time. So while Kamari's mom and Xavier went into the room, Kamari knew that her mom would want a long time with him so she decided to see about Malik.

The woman at the front desk said that he was in recovery and ready for visitors. So Kamari went to his room.

Kamari opened the door and Malik was laying there with his eyes closed. She though that he was sleep but really he wasn't.

Kamari walked to him and looked at him.

"Every time I try to push you away, it seems like we always see each other some how", Kamari said quietly.

Malik slowly opened his eyes and looked at her.

"Oh. I thought you were sleep", Kamari said.

"I thought you'd be the last person I'd see in here", he said as he tried to sit up but he didn't do anything but cause pain to himself.

Kamari touched him.

"Be careful", she said.

Malik started breathing heavy.

"What are you doing here Mari?", he asked.

"I came because I was trying to get a hold of your mom and she didn't answer. I thought that maybe it would be nice for someone to check on you after what just happened", she said.

Malik stopped looking at her.

"My mom didn't answer my calls either", he said.

"Do you think she's okay?", she asked.

"According to her, she's fine. She's in a better place", he said.

"Wait what?", she asked.

"I got a call saying she had a heart attack. She didn't make it", he said.

"...you said that so causally", Kamari said.

"Because I've been preparing myself for this. I just thought that the cancer would take her out of this world...not a heart attack", he said. "Not so soon...I was out partying while my mom needed me"

Kamari touched his hand.

"It's okay Malik. You didnt know", she said.

Malik took his other hand and wiped his tears.

"And it's okay to finish grieving", Kamari said.

Malik looked at her.

"I know I thought you this many times already but I am really sorry about what I did to you. I broke that trust and I didn't realize what I had until you gone and like...I don't deserve you in any way, shape, or form. I don't even deserve you to be here right now after I broke your heart", Malik said.

"I'm here because I'm not cold hearted or heartless. I'm here because at the end of the day, you need someone. Especially now that I know your mom died today. You're going through a lot. As much as I hated you, I know what it feels like to loose a parent but I couldn't imagine what it feels like to be alone", Kamari said.

Malik looked down.

"Now I could be the typical ex and say that Ciara or one of those other hoes should be here with you right now. Like what happened to them? Ya know? But I'm not petty. I'm mature", Kamari said.

Malik chuckled a little.

"Yea, but I deserve that though", he said.

Kamari smiled.

"Yea. You do but I'm not going to do that to you because of your predicament", she said.

Malik looked at Kamari's hand. It was still touching his. His took his hand and interlocked his fingers between hers.

"Thank you", he said with a smile. "I don't deserve you even as friend or acquaintance...so I just thank god for letting me meet you. I didn't know why he did until now"

Kamari looked at his hand holding hers.

Malik picked her hand up and kissed it.

Kamari looked at him for a moment then moved her hand.

"So...I'll um be back. I have to check on Parker. My mom and brother kinda beat me to it", Kamari said.

"You came to see me first?", Malik asked.

"Don't think you're special. Only two guests at a time so I couldn't go and well...nobody else is here to see you so I thought I should be the one to do that", Kamari said.

Malik nods.

"...Just call me if you need me", Kamari said.

"This said I can't really do much after I'm discharged so I may need someone's help when I get home. I mean not like 24/7. But I can't lift a certain weight and do certain things", he said.

"I'll try to help when I'm not busy...just let me know", Kamari said.

Malik nods.

"Goodnight", she said.

"Goodnight", he replied.

Kamari walked out of the room and shut the door behind her and sighed. She didn't know how she was going to explain this to Quinton.

TO BE CONTINUED....