Chapter 54

TWO MONTHS LATER
Kamari and Quinton were no longer together but they did speak to each other from time to time when they say each other. Hope and Faith were also coming back around and they were rebuilding their friendship. Kamari was back in the studio after about year of not putting out any songs.

"He broke my heart
And now it's raining
Just to rub it in
I'm at your door
I feel so crazy about it
You'll say I told you so
You saw it long ago
You knew he had to go
I finally came around
I'm back on solid ground
Can't let it get me down", Kamari sang

SONG: LESSON LEARNED BY ALICIA KEYS

"Yes, I was burned but I called it a lesson learned
Mistake overturned
So I call it a lesson learned
My soul has returned
So I call it a lesson learned
Another lesson learned", Kamari sang.

Kamari finished the rest of the song and the producer got done mix and mastering the song.

"That song was different", he said.

"How so?", Kamari asked.

"I know. It's just...more mature. It's like a different vibe", he said.

Kamari smiled and nods.

"Yea. That's what I'm going for", Kamari replied. "I've made some changes in my life"

"Change can be good. So I hope this change is good for you", he said.

"Thank you. But I have to go. I have someone waiting for me", Kamari said.

"Oh ahead. I don't wanna hold you up", he said.

Kamari smiled and walked out of the room. She saw Quinton talking to his manager but he was on the other side of the room.

Quinton glanced at her and Kamari looked down as she continued to walk out of the building.

Quinton looked down for a moment. He missed Kamari and felt bad about everything he did. But he knew it was for the best that they weren't together.

Kamari walked outside and got into the car and drove off.

———

Kamari pulled up to a restaurant and put her sunglasses on and a hoodie so she'd go unnoticed.

She walked into the restaurant and saw the person she was meeting there and sat down across from them.

"I ordered you a chicken sandwich. I didn't know if you still liked that or not", Malik said.

"I do. Thanks", Kamari said. "So why am I here?"

"I heard about what happened with the baby and with you and Quinton and I just-"

"Wanna rub in my face that you were right?", Kamari asked.

"Nah...I just wanna say that I'm sorry about what you had to go through. I don't know what it feel like to loose a baby but I know what it feels like to be shot and I don't wanna wish that on nobody", Malik said.

"Yea. It was pretty bad", Kamari said.

"...hearing all of that just...just makes me feel like it's all my fault ya know. Like I shouldn't have been an asshole to you and maybe you wouldn't have had to go through those things", Malik said.

"It's not your fault malik. You don't dictate what goes on in my life", Kamari said.

"Look, I know dont. But I could've prevent it. I've matured since we dated. I think about things differently and I do things differently. And I realized how wrong I was. You lost you dad. The first man that you ever cared about and loved and then here I come hurting you and breaking your heart", Malik said.

Kamari looked down.

"Look Malik I appreciate you telling me to meet you here and talking to me about this and getting this off your chest but you don't have to do this. I've made peace. I've made peace. I forgave", Kamari said.

Malik looked down.

"Just like how I'm forgiving Quinton. It's the only way I can come to peace with myself and work on myself", Kamari said.

Malik nods.

"I'm glad to hear that", Malik said.

"So...are you paying?", Kamari asked with a slight smile.

"I always do", Malik said.

Kamari and Malik continued to eat and talked. He didn't have any intentions on getting back with her he just wanted to make things good between them.

When they were done Kamari got back into her car an sighed. She sighed because she thought about everything that has happened throughout her life. The ups and downs.

Kamari looked at the charm bracket that Malik brought and her held onto it tight against her heart.

"Daddy, I could really use you right now", she said as she looked up.

Even though Kamari was overwhelmed by the thoughts of her past, she knew that the best thing that she could do for herself was to be alone. No distractions and to work on herself. That doesn't mean that she wouldn't give relationships another try though.

She wanted to the be the star and she was going to continue to make that happen. She learned many lessons in life and she knew she had more to come. She just knew that she wasn't going to let those learned lessons go to waste.

THE END..