Chapter 20

After practice, Kamari, Faith and Hope walked into the parking lot.

"I don't care what nobody say Keyshia is better than Ashanti", Faith said.

"I say Ashanti", Hope said.

"What do you say Kamari?", Faith asked.

Kamari was quiet.

"Kamari?", Hope said.

Kamari snapped out of her thoughts.

"Yea?", Kamari asked.

"You okay?", Hope asked.

"Yea. I'm fine. I say Keyshia...I can actually relate to most of her songs", Kamari said.

Faith and Hope stopped walking.

"You aren't thinking about Quinton and symone are you?", Hope asked. "I don't think nothing is going on between them"

"Yea me neither. And you know I have those instincts", Faith said.

"Yea. I'm aware Faith", Kamari said.

"Okay so why you zoning out?", Faith asked.

"...have you ever just thought something was too good to be true?", Kamari asked.

Faith and Hope looked at each other.

"Like he's been so nice to me, so patient, such a gentlemen and it's just so different than how he treats other people", Kamari said.

"This is what Malik wants", Faith said. "He wants you not to be happy. He has your mind all fucked up"

Kamari closed her eyes and touched her forehead.

"Q is good to you. Let him be. Don't let Symone, Malik or anyone else stir you wrong except for him", Hope said.

Kamari looked to the side. Her mind was so overwhelmed.

Her phone started ringing and when she looked at it, it read Symone.

"Let me answer it", Faith said.

"Nah. I got it", Kamari said. "I'll see you guys later"

"You better let that b-"

"Alright", Hope said while interrupting Faith. "Talk to you later.

Hope took Faith's arm and walked her away.

Kamari answered the phone as she walked to the car.

"Hello?", Kamari said

"Hey, girl. I saw what people are saying about me and Quinton and let me tell you something. That is not true", Symone said.

"I know it isn't", Kamari said.

"I just don't understand why people just wanna tear people down", Symone said. "I guess that comes with being in the spotlight"

"Yea", Kamari said.

"...you okay?", Symone asked.

"I just wanna know why you were there anyways", Kamari said.

"I was already in the building and I just stopped by to chat with him about something", Symone said.

"Like what?", Kamari asked.

"...well, I heard something and I just wanted to know if it was true or not", Symone said. "I don't think it is so it doesn't matter anymore"

Kamari began to think to herself.

"...what?", Kamari asked.

"Someone told me that QC was...well only trying to date you because it gain him more fame. You know once celebrities become couples, they are the talk of the town or shall I say U.S.", Symone said.