Chapter 14

That night came and Quinton was running a little late, but Kamari didn't mind because she was still getting ready.

Kamari finished her hair and began putting on her shoes and looked in the mirror to make sure she looked okay.

THE OUTFIT THAT KAMARI HAD ON.

Kamari told him to call her when he got there so he didn't have to go through the process of going to the front desk and them calling her to make sure it was okay for him to come up

Kamari told him to call her when he got there so he didn't have to go through the process of going to the front desk and them calling her to make sure it was okay for him to come up. And she didn't mind just meeting him outside. It wasn't like it was a date anyways. When he called her, she grabbed her purse left the apartment.

When she got outside, Quinton was leaning on his car and on his phone. He looked up because he saw someone walking out of the building and it was Kamari of course.

"Damn", he mumbled to himself as she walked over to him.

"Hey, you ready?", Kamari asked.

"Yea", he said as he opened the passenger door for her.

"Where's your other guess? I thought you could bring two people?", Kamari said.

"They couldn't make it", Quinton said.

"Oh", Kamari said as she got into the car.

"You look good by the way", he said as he kind of licked his lips.

"Thanks", she said as she tucked her hair behind her ear.

Quinton shut the door and got into the driver's seat. "Sorry again for runnin a little late", he said.

"It's okay", Kamari said.

Quinton started driving. It was quiet between them. They weren't nervous or anything, they just didn't have anything to talk about. Suddenly, Quinton thought about something, started talking.

"So the guy that you're chillin with someone you knew already?", he asked.

"Well I met him over the summer", Kamari said. "I mean like we're just friends. I think he likes me though"

"...do you like him?", Quinton asked.

Kamari looked out of the window. "...yea", she said.

"So why y'all still friends? He ain't make a move yet?", Quinton asked.

"I mean like, he has talked about it before, but I kinda bushed it off because at the time I was ready", Kamari said. "I still don't know if I am because... because the bond we have reminds me of my ex"