Chapter 42

The few days later, Kamari and Quinton were on the way to a party that a another celebrity was throwing.

After the whole mall incident, Quinton never told Kamari what he did with the bag. He has been acting a little different though. He was still mad about Keith even though she felt like he was overthinking things, with he was. But then again, she was tried of his jealousy and him getting mad about the littlest things. Especially after he fucked the same female he said he wasn't going to mess with.

Quinton pulled up to the party and paparazzi was already outside along with valet.

"Quinton, after the party we need to talk about something", Kamari said.

Quinton rolled his eyes. He knew that when she called him Quinton that she was drifting away from him.

"We don't have nothing to talk about", Quinton said.

"We do. And it's something I should've went through with the first time", Kamari said.

Quinton stared  at her.

Kamari looked down.

"Speak up now then", he said.

Kamari didn't say anything.

"Go ahead. Speak up", he said as he raised his voice a little.

"This relationship isn't going to work", she mumbled.

Quinton grabbed her chin and turned her face to face his.

"Say that again. I didn't hear you", he said.

Kamari touched his arm and tired to pull it down but his grip got tighter.

"You wanna say that this relationship isn't going to work when you're the one out here doing shit I ask you not to do? Like meeting up with that nigga?", Quinton asked.

"I didn't meet up with him", Kamari said.

"I'm not dumb", Quinton replied. "So don't act like I am"

"You're hurting me", Kamari said.

"Nah, you ain't seen hurt yet. You lucky, I'm a different person now", Quinton said as he let go of her.

Kamari felt her lower cheeks.

"Now when we get out of this car and I want you to smile for these cameras", Quinton said

Kamari wanted to cry. Not because she was sad but because she was mad as hell. As much as she wanted to hit him, she knew that he would most like hit her back. She didn't want to give her brothers a reason to go to jail, so she was going to think of the best way to handle the situation and to leave him.

Quinton got out the car and went on the passenger side to open the door for Kamari.

Once Kamari got out of the car she put on a smile. Not because he told her to but because she didn't want the media making any assumptions about anything.

Quinton handed the keys to the valet.

"Don't fuck my car up", Quinton said to them.

The valet nods and took the keys.

Quinton put his arm around her waist and they walked into the building.

————

The following morning, Kamari woke up to a big vase of flowers on nightstand. She looked next to her in the bed and Quinton wasn't there. She didn't even remember coming there last night

Suddenly, she heard him come into the room.

"Good morning", Quinton said.

"...good morning", Kamari replied.

"I thought about what you said last night and I thought about what I did and I'm sorry", Quinton said.

"What did I say last night?", Kamari asked. "Q- Q I don't even remember coming here"

"You got drunk again. I guess I made you upset", Quinton said.

Kamari tired to think about what happened last night but she couldn't. She remembers most of the party but she didn't remember drinking so much that she couldn't remember where she laid her head at.

"I brought you some flower and I made you some breakfast", Quinton said. "And I was thinking that while we eat we can talk about some changes"

Kamari looked at him. She was so busy trying to get her mind together.

"Okay?", Quinton asked.

"...yea. Alright", Kamari replied.

Quinton grabbed her hand and they walked to the table and sat down.

Kamari looked at the plate. It wants a big breakfast. It was just some sausage patties, eggs, and grits.

"If you want more I can go buy something. This is all I had", Quinton said.

"I'm fine", Kamari said softly.

Quinton observed her for a moment.

"But um anyways, lately I've been acting like an asshole and I apologize alright. I just thought what a coincidence that he was there at the same time as you. I thought that was on purpose", Quinton said.

"It wasn't", Kamari relied.

"I know..well I know it now. I just didn't wanna feel dumb if I believed you and you were lying. That's what happened with my last girlfriend", Quinton said.

Kamari looked down.

"I'm not your last girlfriend. Although nobody deserves to be hit or hurt in any way physically, I damn sure don't", Kamari said.

"I don't know. You deserve the very best", Quinton said.

Kamari looked up at him for a moment then looked back down.

"I'm not hungry right now. I just feel a little strange", she said.

"You're probably hung over", Quinton said.

"I feel tired. Not hungover", she replied.

Quinton nods as he clears his throat.

"Well, I guess I'll eat your food then and I'll just get you something when you're ready to eat", Quinton said.

"I'll get myself something. I'm going home", Kamari said.

"Why?", Quinton asked.

"Because I don't have any clothes here and I wanna shower", Kamari said.

Quinton looked at her for a moment.

"....okay, I'll just be over there later", he replied.

Kamari didn't reply. She just got up and started walking to his room.

"Is my purse in your room?", Kamari asked.

"Yea", Quinton replied.

Kamari walked into his room and grabbed her things. As she did that, she saw Quinton's keys and took her apartment key off of the keychain. She took out her phone and stopped sharing her location with Quinton as she walked out of his room.

Quinton got up and met her at the door.

"I love you", he said before he kissed her.

"...I love you too", Kamari replied.

Quinton opened the door for her and Kamari walked out.

TO BE CONTINUED....