Chapter 12

It was the following day and Kamari was regretting what she did last night. It wasn't in her character to really do things like that, but at this point it had been done and it was whatever now.

After recording another song in the studio, Kamari had taste for some seafood. So she called up Faith and Hope. Faith was busy and she currently talking to Hope on the phone.

"Please tell me you're free today", Kamari said.

"I'm sorry. I'm not. My mom wanted me to come with her to Augusta", Hope said.

"Dang", Kamari said. "Okay"

"Why? What's wrong?", Hope asked.

"I really want some seafood but I don't wanna go by myself. I've been eating out by myself a lot lately and I'm tired of it", Kamari said.

"You can ask your brothers?", Hope said.

"I would be last time I took them somewhere, they embarrassed me. Never again", Kamari said.

Hope chuckled.

"But I'm going to let you spend time with your mother. I'll talk to you later", Kamari said.

"Alright, bye", Hope replied.

"Bye" Kamari said before she hung up.

Kamari got to her car and that's when she heard a loud engine of a sports car. She looked over and it was Quinton.

He rolled his window down and he smiled at her.

"What you up to today?", Quinton said.

"I was actually going to get something to eat. Seafood to be exact", Kamari said.

"So you gone ask if I wanna come or I gotta invite myself?", Quinton asked jokingly.

Kamari smile. "Would you like to come Quinton?", she asked.

"Oh how kind of you", Quinton said jokingly. "With one?"

"The only right down the street", Kamari said. "Next to Lowe's"

"Alright bet. Last person there gotta pay the bill", Quinton said.

Kamari got into her car and backed out. Quinton was in front of her when they pulled out the parking lot. Someone pulled in front of him so she got ahead in the other lane. They both swerved through traffic until they got to their destination and Kamari won. They got out of their cars after they parked.

"I let you win", Quinton said.

"Boy whatever. You were back there sweating", Kamari said.

"Pipe that down", he said.

"Whatever, you're paying. That's all that matters", Kamari said with a smile as she walked toward the restaurant.

Quinton smiled as he followed her.

They got seated and ordered their drinks and food.

"So when you plan on putting out your first album?", Quinton asked.

"Next month", Kamari said.

"That's what's up", Quinton said. "...you know our song at number five on the billboard right?"

"Yea. I saw. I'm excited", Kamari said.

"Seems like we work well together", Quinton said.

"It seems like we do", Kamari said.

As they talked, girls were whispering and looking at Quinton. Quinton

"It seems like you're pretty popular", Kamari whispered.