22

I felt my consciousness go black as the final wisps of home flee the grasps of my mind. After moments of silence, I felt my body twisting and turning in ways that felt confining until I finally felt open. My eyes were closed and that only heightened my other four senses besides taste. I took a deep breathe in, the smell of fresh spring filling my sense. I reached down next to me, only to be met with the tiny sprigs of grass. Confused, I opened my eyes, I was met with the sight of the little spring that lay hidden behind Delacour Manor in the outskirts of France. I quickly shot up from my place on the ground, frightened, scanning everything around me. I sighed and fell back down.

'how did I get here?' I questioned as I continued to take in the sudden change of scenery displayed in front of me

'where's Cedric?'

'is he okay?'

'am I even okay?'

These thoughts, among many others, floated around my head, bouncing off the walls of my brain and ricocheting back. I shook my head, trying desperately to get the thoughts out of my head, hoping they would come to peace. I got up from my place on the bank and began to walk deeper into the woods behind my previous 'home'. I found myself lost within a matter of seconds.

"that was a really stupid call" I muttered to myself as I trudged deeper and deeper into the woods

As I went further into the forest, the whole scenery and mood of it changed. The once peaceful and bright feel was diminished completely and left with only a cold sense of insecurity. This part of the woods were damp, dark, and strange. I felt an eerie presence following me through the woods. I slightly picked up my pace, desperately trying to reach the french hillside, but to my dismay, I was met with only the rotting bark of a tree. I looked around me in a quick manor, trying to see if I was alone or not, hopefully the first option. As soon as I didn't see anything, I turned around taking on a new direction, hopefully a shorter route to the french hillside. 

I felt like I had been going in circles, aggravating, never-ending, circles. I finally decided to stop and sit down. With my back leaning against the rotting bark of a tree, my mind going a million miles per minute, and my heart matching the speed, I yelled out the one person's name I knew I could count on.

"Harry.." the moment his name left my lips, I felt tears leave my eyes, and my world began to spin

In the back of my senses, I could hear a loud snap, and then someone yelling my name only moments after the snap rang through the woods. I tried to hold on, but I just couldn't,

I'm not strong enough...

-

Harry's POV

I was sitting in potions trying to block out Snape's monotone voice that rang throughout the classroom. I placed griffin claws in the simmering liquid that was in the end supposed to be a strengthening potion but we would see about that. 

I looked over at Hermione who seemed to be having a bit of a struggle completing her potion since Ron kept coming up to her asking for help. I chuckled as I saw Hermione start giving Ron a small lecture, his face growing pale as her voice rose.

I continued on with my potion before I heard someone's voice ringing in my ears and bouncing around in my head. 

"Harry.." it whispered, so faint I could barely hear it or make out who it was

"Harry.." it choked out, just loud enough that I could tell who it was

I gasped.

"Belle.." the minute her name left my lips, I felt my insides twisting and saw the potions classroom shrinking out of my vision

I landed in an unfamiliar pair of woods, one that slightly reminded me of the forbidden forest back at Hogwarts, but only these held an eerier presence. I walked around until I saw her. I rushed over to Belle, desperately screaming her name, but she layed there unconscious.

I began to shake her lightly, trying to wake her but nothing worked. I began to lift her up bridal style before she began to float, almost like she was standing, and her hair rising up all around her. Her eyes remained closed as she began to float in a direction. I began following her, starting to pick up into a light jog as she started moving faster. She kept going until she reached the end of the woods, into what looked like a hillside. 

"Belle, where are you going?" I questioned as I continued to follow her

She led me to this grove, filled with light and what looked like little fairies. Belle began to float down to the ground, her hair still floating in the air. She landed on her knees and I walked forward to sit next to her. Her eyes shot open, only they weren't her normal blue orbs, they were completely white.

And that's when it happened...