13

*Belle's pov* 

After Dumbledore, I learned to be the headmasters name, announced to the students of Hogwarts of the tournament that would be taking place during that school year, they all erupted into somewhat cheers but also some complaints at the age limit placed on the tournament.

"SILENCE" the headmaster yelled, and almost immediately the hall fell into an uncomfortable silence, I shifted in my seat. I was sitting at the Hufflepuff table seeing as Fleur could absolutely not tolerate sitting at the same table as me. I felt the person next to me shifting the same way as me and they accidentally bumped into my shoulder.

"Oh, I am so sorry" the person, who I assumed to be a boy, said

I looked up to be met with gentle grey eyes, nothing like those that belonged to the likes of Timothee.

"Oh no, it is completely fine, don't worry about it" I smiled looking at him warmly

He turned his body to face me better and held out his hand towards me, "hi, I'm Cedric Diggory"

I took his hand and gave it a soft shake, "hi Cedric, I'm Belle, or Bella, Alarie" the words rolled off my tongue easier than ever before when talking to him

"well it is very nice to meet you Belle" he finished, sending my the most charming smile I have ever seen

"vise versa Cedric" I looked up at him once more, my smile reaching my eyes

After a moment of just smiles, everyone within the hall began clearing out and Cedric asked if I wanted to have a buddy while walking back to the carriage and of course I agreed because he seemed like a wonderful person at heart unlike most people I know.

While we were heading out of the great hall, I noticed a familiar head of brown hair ahead of us. I decided to pick up into a jog, pulling Cedric along with me until I wish I hadn't. I was met with Leo making out with some girl from Hogwarts, his tongue obviously down her throat. I felt my eyes burn once again and the tears that threatened to fall at any moment make their way to the surface. I used wind to force them apart, to make my presence known, and Leo just looked at me as if I was just another person in the world, not the person whom he acted like he loved. Anger filled his eyes towards me, most likely because I had interrupted whatever they had going on there, that tipped my aching heart over the edge. With the snap of my fingers, the cuff of his pants had a tiny flame burning the silk fabric. While taking one final look at him, I looked away and ran, I had no idea where, but most likely as far as my legs could take me.

I heard Cedric call out my name from behind me, but it was too late, I was already gone. I ended up on the shore of what I think the students called the black lake and sat down. I began singing a silent song, my eyes still burning. Moments after the lyrics left my lips, ripples began to break the water's calm surface. I looked up only to be met with a pair yellow eyes. 

"hello?" I asked, choking a bit on my tears

"hello, are you okay?" the voice that belonged to the pair of yellow eyes spoke

"I-I really don't know," I sighed looking back at the eyes, my own red, puffy, and broken

"well my dear child, when you feel like this again, come to the water, sing the song of the sirens, and come home." and with that the pair of eyes receded back into the black waters of the lake

Soon after the pair of eyes left, I heard steps rushing towards me, I looked up only to be met with Cedric.

"Belle," he let out breathlessly, "I have no idea who he was but I am so sorry" he ran over to me and my place on the ground, pulling me into a warm hug

"h-his name is Leo, and we were in an unspoken relationship, and h-he," I choked on my own sobs

"no, no it's okay, you don't have to explain anything to me" he pulled me closer to him, his left hand rubbing comforting circles on my back while his right play with my hair

We stayed there for a long time, me crying into his chest while he just held me, letting me get it all out. Finally, I decided that Leo wasn't important enough to cry over and I patted Cedric's chest so he would look down at me. I smiled up at him.

"Thank you Cedric, thank you"

"of course, I know we just met but I care a lot about you, besides that dude seems like a bloody cheat anyway" he laughs at the end trying to lighten up the mood, and apparently his laugh is really contagious seeing as I broke out into laughter soon after

We got up off the ground and began walking towards the carriage that brought me to this school. On the walk over to the carriage, I began to shiver slightly, I was surprised by this seeing as it was only October and it was supposed to be fall weather, not the freaking beginning of a tiny ice age. Cedric seemed to notice because he wrapped his robe around me, making sure it fit snug and that I was warm.

"thank you" I whispered, he only nodded and smiled at me in return

Now only a couple steps away from the carriage door, I stopped and began taking Cedric's school robes off of me, the Hufflepuff crest dancing in the moonlight as I did so, but he soon stopped me.

"no, no, no, no keep it, I have a few spares in my room anyways, besides, I don't want you to freeze to death" he finished, pushing the robe back into my small hands

"if you insist" I laughed, smiling at him

He matched my smile and I began ascending the small steps at the entrance of the carriage. I looked back at him, my hand on the handle and flashed him one last smile as I disappeared inside.

a/n

hi :)