33

*time skip to February because author is lazy check*

Today was the day of the second task, and I have no idea what I'm going to do. 

'could I transfigure myself into a fish?'

'probably not'

'could I ask Sirène?'

'actually that's not a bad idea'

'what if I turned into a mermaid'

'that is also not a half bad idea'

'but how would I do it-'

'I'm incredibly dumb'

'also it's like the middle of winter and I really don't want to swim in the freezing water, so I don't really think any of the above options are really relevant'

'whoever decided to do an aquatic task during the bloody winter has lost every marble they possessed'

'alright well, I'm out of ideas and Nicolette isn't here to help me, neither is Gabby, Isa isn't, Hermione too, where the hell is everybody?'

I shook my head and began making my way down to the black lake. I shivered as I took my jacket off, revealing the swimsuit that was left on my bed last night by Merlin knows who. Probably a boy by the looks of it.

I wrapped both of my arms around me in an effort to not only warm myself up but to cover my exposed skin as more and more people came in and pilling onto the three towers in the middle of the lake

I wrapped both of my arms around me in an effort to not only warm myself up but to cover my exposed skin as more and more people came in and pilling onto the three towers in the middle of the lake. The wind howled once more and that's when I completely lost it, I ran over to Cedric and clung onto him like a lost puppy. I felt him chuckle and wrap his arms around me.

"s-so w-warm" I sighed, snuggling in closer to him

"well that's what I'm here for aren't I?" I nodded in response which only earned another laugh out of him

We stayed like this until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around, only to be met with the kind eyes of Professor Dumbledore.

"Ah, Belle, would you mind helping us out? It seems that everyone is too cold to cast a simple fire spell to ignite the heaters, so would you please?" he asked, shivering slightly himself

"s-sure"

I peeled away from Cedric and stood in the middle of the platform, everyone sat down or ducked, not wanting to get hit by a rogue flame just in case. I thought of Cedric and how he was probably freezing and that made me feel oddly protective and sure enough, flames were burning inside both of my palms.

"Alright.. progress.."

I aimed my left hand at the closest heater and flicked my wrist, a bit of the flame leaving my hand and making its way inside the burner, I did the same with my right, light every other heater. Everyone cheered and I was honestly just glad that I wasn't chilled to the bone anymore. I made my way back over to where Cedric was standing, preparing myself for not having a plan going into this task.