19

I was walking around Hogwarts the day after the first task, just trying to free myself from everything that has been invading my mind lately. The nightmares came again. The night after the first task, they were more vivid this time. Bright colors flooded my vision, horrific screams crowded my hearing, and my whole body went cold. I woke up to Nicolette shaking me violently, yelling my name and most likely waking everyone who was asleep in the carriage.

The memory passed through my mind sending shivers down my spine. I took a turn towards the great hall only to bump into someone.

"Watch where you're going you little- oh" I heard someone say above my head

I looked up and was met with very blonde hair paired with eye catching blue eyes.

"I'm sorry, I was so lost in thought, I sincerely apologize" I rambled a bit as I began to regain my balance and posture

"no, no I should've been looking at where I was going" he looked down at me with a small smile before talking again, but not to me, "Crabbe! Goyle! C'mon boys we have somewhere to be!" and with that he was off

I continued walking down the many corridors of Hogwarts before reaching my desired destination, the great hall.

"food" I mumbled, making my way over to the hufflepuff table for dinner

"good afternoon dragon whisperer" I heard a voice that has grown oh so familiar say from behind me

"food" I mumbled again, this time sitting down and shoveling food onto my plate

I heard Cedric chuckle before placing himself down next to me. I looked over at him and smiled, a bit of crumbs on my lips from the croissant that I had bitten into before looking. He laughed and brought his thumb to my lips, wiping them off. His eyes kept flicking from mine to my lips until someone awkwardly laughed, breaking us out of our trance.

I cleared my throat, "Harry"

"Belle" he muttered, shifting in his place

"and how are you?" Cedric asked, trying to break the tension that had just built up

"fine. Belle I was wondering if I could talk to you?" Harry asked me after completely dismissing Cedric's question with a faulty answer

"uh sure" I replied before standing, dusting the bit of crumbs off of my school uniform as I stood

He motioned towards the hallway right outside the doors of the great hall, I looked at him and began walking. Once we reached the empty portion of the hallway, Harry began getting all nervous.

"Harry," I began, placing my hand on his, "are you okay?" I asked, concern lacing my voice

"just fine- actually no, that's a lie, I'm doing horrible." he began fidgeting with his fingers, a habit he picked up from I'm guessing Ron seeing as he does it all the time

"Harry, you know you can tell me anything right? I promise you whatever it is I won't judge you-" I was going to continue before I was cut off by Cedric who had been screaming my name

"Belle! Madam Maxime wants to see you!" he yelled before finally spotting me and jogging over, little tufts of his hair bouncing as he did

I looked over at Harry who seemed like he was confused on whether he felt more angry or disappointed. I shot him an apologetic look before walking off to meet Cedric halfway. As I was walking I could've sworn I heard Harry mumble, something along the lines of "I... like... you" but I must've been hearing things. I mean him and Nicolette are so cute together, I wouldn't want to be the person to break that.

Once I reached Cedric he looked me in the eyes with a little smile displayed on his face before he took my hand in his and began pulling me up multiple stairs. I giggled as we kept going higher and higher, passing so many unsuspecting students. Finally he stopped and lead me to a tower, ascending the final steps before reaching the top. Once we finally stopped moving, I looked over at him and crossed my arms.

"I'm assuming Madame really didn't need to speak to me then" I looked at him with my right eyebrow cocked up

"Well, I might've told you a tiny little lie, but I needed to get you alone" he sighed before stepping closer to me

"hurry up then, I need to return to Harry if you're going to waste my time" I signaled towards the door from which we came

he took in a deep breath before speaking again.

"okay okay, Belle I have something really important to tell you." he began, his hands finding the way to the ends of his robes, tugging at them nervously

"calm down! you look like you're going to throw up you're so nervous!" I laughed, nudging his shoulder playfully

"Okay, here it goes, Belle, truth be told, I have liked you ever since I layed eyes on you. You were this girl that was radiating pure happiness, beauty, and so much brightness. The first thing I noticed about you was your smile, and how you have a dimple on your right cheek but not your left. Ever since we started talking my feelings for you only grew and I knew that I wanted to ask you this question some day, I didn't know when but I knew that one day I would ask you and you would hopefully say yes. You make me happy, you make me a better person, and you make my laugh genuine Belle, so I was wondering if.. you will be my girlfriend?" 

I looked up at him, shock lacing my eyes. I honestly don't know what to think, I mean, I've always thought he was the most handsome guy I had ever layed eyes on. His heart was so beautiful and pure, his personality matched his effortless looks, he was just perfect. The thing is though, am I ready to be in an actual relationship? I mean the "relationship" I had with Leo was just... well look at where that got me. I mean I haven't even had my first kiss, is Cedric the person I want to take that away from me?

I began to think back at the time that I was at the lake talking to Sirène and how she begin to describe why I could use my powers some times and not others, and then I remember how after the statue of Cedric was formed behind me, she said that the emotion was... love.

I looked back up at Cedric, he looked like he was beginning to grow unsure of himself, was I thinking for that long?

"It's fine if you-" I cut him off

"I would love to Cedric" he looked down at me with wide eyes before pulling me into a big hug

We began to slowly pull apart, looking into each other's eyes, before he broke the eye contact and flickered it down to my lips. He pulled me closer by my waist, his eyes still flickering between mine and my lips. My breathe was caught in my throat as he began to lean in. 

Ever since I was young, I always envisioned my first kiss being at night underneath the blanket of the stars. The moon shining down, illuminating our faces as they grew ever so close. Finally, as a shooting star would be passing by it would happen, it would be like the heaven's wanted this to happen, and I would just melt into the person's arms. 

although, I never recalled when this dream would include a boy named Cedric Diggory.