31

I woke up in the hospital wing again, but the only difference this time was that I was being held by a pair of arms. I looked up to see Cedric with his eyes closed, his mouth slightly opened, and soft snores leaving his lips.

I smiled at the sight and placed my right hand on his chest softly before placing my head back on my pillow. I looked at him, studying his glowing features that were lit up by the sun. He truly was beautiful. I noticed his eyes begin to move so I quickly looked down at our legs which were entangle together. I heard a soft chuckle escape his lips before I felt them press onto my head.

"I know, I know, I'm beautiful aren't I?" his morning voice teased

"very much so" I looked up at him, a soft blush washing over my cheeks

He craned his neck down a bit and placed a soft, sweet kiss on my lips. 

"I love you queenie"

"I love you more fluffy boy"

"not even close"

before I could disagree, he shoved my face into his chest and held me tightly to his body.

"shhh, now I have something I need to ask you seeing as today is the yule ball" my eyes widened at his statement

"t-the yule ball is today? you're kidding me right? It's not Christmas, it can't be it was just the-" 

"the 17th, yea no you were knocked out for two days, and then you regained your memory yesterday, Christmas eve."

"wow, I missed a lot." I sighed, flopping back onto the cot

 "you did," he chuckled, "but back to what I was saying," he got off of the cot and pulled something out of his jacket pocket and got down on one knee in front of me, "Belle Antoinette Delacour Alarie, would you make me the happiest man in the world and allow me to be your date to the yule ball?" he asked, opening the little velvet box that revealed a beautiful diamond necklace

"Oh Ced, you didn't have to," I said, my voice shaky as I began to tear up, "but yes, I'll gladly be your date"

A smile graced his face and before I knew it, his arms were around my waist and my feet were lifted off the ground. He began spinning us around in a circle, my giggles filled the room, and the sunlight danced peacefully around both of our bodies. 

Cedric began to put me down on the ground, his eyes meeting mine. The world around us slowed, the light gracing his eyes, the storms within coming to a screeching halt, and then finally his lips on mine.

-

Me and Nicolette had spent the next four hours going crazy about how to do our hair or what we should do with our eye shadow, and honestly I was just wishing I could be a guy because all they had to do was put on dress robes, put on shoes, and run a hand through their hair and bam, they're done.

I rolled over groaning as Nicolette kept debating on doing a natural or smokey eye look. 

"Just go with the natural look, Harry never cared for all of those cake faced airheads anyways." 

"alright alright, I'm going, also since your makeup and hair are already done why don't you go and get changed so we can leave in a few minutes" I only nodded in response and moved off my bed and head straight towards little Gabby

"Hey Gabs?" she looked up at me in surprise, "wanna help me get my things I'm going to wear to the Yule Ball so you don't have to feel so left out?" she nodded eagerly and grabbed my dress, racing towards the bathroom

I laughed at her antics as I began grabbing my heels and crown, oh the joys of being a queen, and the velvet box that Cedric had given me.

When I made it to the bathroom, I saw Gabrielle adding a few things to my dress with her wand.