43

My heart was pounding in my chest as I kept running faster and faster. Twigs were breaking underneath my feet, leaves crunching underneath the weight of my body, and my limbs flying in every direction trying to get to safety.

The adrenaline pulsing through my veins was the only thing that had kept me moving. If not for that, I would've fallen a long time ago. As I continued through the eerie forest, I felt myself fighting what felt like a barrier before I heard a bunch of shouting.

"That's my boy!" I heard the familiar voice of Amos Diggory cry out, "that's my boy.." I heard him trail off as my heart sunk once more

I transitioned into a walk as I walked closer to the ever growing crowd. My eyes were watering as I continued to push through the crowds and into the inner circle.

Once my eyes landed on Cedric's strangled body I broke out into a full sprint and threw myself onto my boyfriend's body. I embraced his cold body in my arms until I looked up at his emotionless face and cupped it in my hands.

"Oh Ceddy.." I choked out, looking into his lifeless eyes that still lie open, "it was supposed to be me." my tears fell onto his broken body as I began to be pulled off of him

I fought back with all of the strength I had left and the people eventually let me go as my hands began to glow a bright white, light. I removed my hands quickly from his body, only to see my hands imprinted on his body and glowing the same white. I hesitantly put my hands over his heart, focusing all of my energy to his heart.

"please do something, for the love of Merlin, please be alive." I begged, pressing my hands a bit more stiffly into his chest

I continued to do this for what seemed like forever, but in all reality was roughly ten minutes, the light continuously growing brighter with each passing second until it was almost blinding. I felt my body growing weaker and weaker as I continued to focus all of my energy onto him until everything went black.

-

*3rd person pov*

Belle's body fell backward and hit the ground as Cedric's chest began to rise and fall once more. Everyone rejoiced as they saw the once dead champion beginning to gain color in his cheeks once more. After the crowds momentary celebration, the medi wizards began to lug Cedric's body onto a stretcher and apparate him to St. Mungo's. After the boy was gone, the crowd turned their attention towards the limp body of the girl lying on the ground, her chest not moving and inch.

Nicolette, Draco, Isabelle, Ron, Hermione, Viktor, and Harry pushed through the crowd and into the inner circle, rushing to the girl's body. Nicolette broke down once more, as did Isabelle, and they just looked at the girl who gave her second chance at life for the boy she loves.

For that was the story of one Belle Antoinette Delacour Alarie and one Cedric Amos Diggory, while one could not live without the other, it was simply not meant to be. While one was alive, the other would be still. While one was breathing, the other was drowning, it was a never ending cycle. Fate claimed it impossible, that the saviors were meant for one another, not for bystanders, but isn't fate meant to be altered? changed? broken?

The two lovers were seemingly made for one another, but not here, not now, but maybe in a different place and a different time among the cosmos.

Nobody knew what the future would bring, but they could only hope that the phoenix they saw rise with Belle that day would make a reappearance this time, and hopefully the last, but knowing the two, the badger and the queen, this wouldn't be the last.