39

"why is that star so significant to you?" Nicolette asked, turning to face me

"because Colie, it's the star Sirius is named after." I sighed, staring at the star in all her majesty

"who's Sirius?" 

"don't you remember Colie?" I laughed, shifting my body weight onto my side 

"no, I don't think I do" Nicolette sighed, a confused expression taking over her features

"He's Harry's godfather. I kind of wish he was my father, he is just... different. He understands me and helps me. I remember when we first started writing letters, I had told him about Fleur and apparently he was a big prankster when he went to Hogwarts and told me a few things that could help me get back at Fleur." I sighed, dazing off into the sky above

It was the beginning of the third year for Belle, and she was as stressed as one teenage girl could be. Harry had not contacted her for the whole summer and she was beginning to worry.

'what if something happened to him? what if the Dursley's laid a hand on him' the girl grew angry at the last thought and everything that wasn't bolted down in her room began to rise into mid-air

Everything kept slowly creeping up until the girl heard an owl pecking at her window. She looked up and saw the oh-so-familiar shape of Hedwig, Harry's owl. The girl sprung onto her feet and ran towards the window, everything in her room crashing to the ground. The girl jumped as soon as the loud noise filled the room, cringing at all of the pieces that lay on her marble floor.

She shrugged as she turned her attention back to the magnificent owl in front of her, almost identical to hers, but Coco happened to be pure white. 

"why hello Hedwig," the girl cooed, stroking her finger against the owl's feathers, "what do you have for me?" Hedwig only hooted in response, nudging her head into Belle's hand while sticking her right leg out, showing the letter that lay attached to her foot.

Belle nimbly took the letter off of the owl's foot before handing her a treat.

"would you mind to wait for me to write or would you rather go back to Harry and I can send Coco?" the girl asked, looking behind her at her own snowy owl

Hedwig only "hooed"  in response, quite liking the girl's company.

' 30 August 1993

Dear Rosie,

I'm sorry I didn't write to you all summer, the Dursley's wouldn't let me have Hedwig out of her cage, nor would they let me have the supplies to write. I am only writing to you now because I am currently at the leaky cauldron in London. I was hoping you could send me my lucky rose for my first day of school that will be coming soon? I will especially need it seeing as their is a crazed murderer on the loose, supposedly trying to.. well, murder me.

How was your summer? did you go back to your grandmother's place? or did you go home with her?

I miss you,

Harry'

I hugged the letter to my chest tightly, crinkling the parchment slightly.

"so that's why you haven't been writing to me this whole time.." she wondered out loud as she began to dip her quill into her ink

The girl's delicate scrawl soon took up a whole foot of parchment before she placed her quill down. Her hand had been aching with all of the continuous writing, but her heart had been aching far worse to talk to him. She sighed as she began to melt wax to seal the letter, she was always so formal.