18

Twenty one days had passed since I was crowned, and honestly I don't feel any different. I am still the bundle of nerves and insecurities I always was. Today, I have to put those fears behind me because sadly it is the first task. Every bone in my body is begging me to not go forth into the tournament, that death would be better, but my heart and mind are telling me to do it, and prove that I'm not just a 'pretty face'.

Harry had told me the minute he found out that the first task was dragons. To say I was shocked was a severe understatement. We are KIDS and they are putting us against DRAGONS?!?! Like who in their right mind would do such a thing, but then again, when were any of the teachers here in their right mind? All of Harry's stories of his first through third years irked me to the bone, I mean... they let DEMENTORS run free on the school grounds. WHO THE HELL DOES THAT?

Me and Harry decided to both tell Cedric and Viktor what the first task was and they told us they were grateful and ran off to study. None of us really liked Fleur, so we left her to find out on her own.

All five of us sat in the tent waiting for instruction when soon we heard a camera flash. Harry and Hermione had been hugging at the moment the flash went off and the rest of us turned to be met by a cruel little woman known as Rita Skeeter. My blood began to boil, she was at my coronation and wrote an article on it, depicting me as a lonely, afraid, and spoilt queen. She had interviewed Fleur for the article so obviously that made the matter worse. I stood up and look at her with lightning flashing across my eyes.

"get out." I stated, the words struggling to get past my teeth

"no" she smiled a sickly sweet smile

"it wasn't a request." I tried to stay calm as the statement came off my lips

"and mine was a statement, a course of action" she folded her arms over her chest, smirking

Cedric must've noticed me about to reach my limit because he placed a comforting hand on my shoulder, making my anger subside for a mere moment.

"Oh? Is this more young love I see? King Cedric, I like the sound of that." her smirk only grew as she began to grab her camera once more

This statement pushed me over the edge. I raised both of my hands, one slowed down her movements, they became so slow that some couldn't make out that she was moving, and the other sent a small fireball towards her camera and quill causing both to go up in flames. I lowered my left hand and she began to move at a normal pace again. She looked at me in utter shock before shaking her head in rage.

"MY QUILL AND CAMERA! YOU BIT-" she sadly, please note my sarcasm, didn't get to finish her sentence because as I snapped my fingers, I turned her into the most useless creature I could think of, a flobberworm

I raised my hand to my ear, "what was that? I couldn't quite hear you."

I left the other five in a moment of shock that was quickly shaken off as the professors and ministry workers came walking to the tent. 

"good day champions," Dumbledore greeted us, "I- Miss Granger what are you doing here?" 

"sorry Professor" and with that she took her leave

"well then," Barty Crouch Sr. began, holding a bag out, "within this bag are a couple of replicas of very real dragons, which ever you draw is the on you will battle in the first task. Mr. Krum, you first." the man smiled a bit

Viktor put his hand into the bag and brought out a little moving dragon.

"Ah, the Chinese Fireball, nice choice" Crouch spoke like Viktor knew he was going to pick the dragon, "Miss Delacour?" he pushed the bag in her direction